PDA

View Full Version : WTH w/ WTB?

tsarpepe
05-06-2020, 11:47 AM
Is it me, or is the amount of WTB ads just exploded recently? 2/3 of the Classifieds' page consists of them.

Guess people are holed up at home and doing projects...

flying
05-06-2020, 12:10 PM
Is it me, or is the amount of WTB ads just exploded recently? 2/3 of the Classifieds' page consists of them.

I was just wading thru them trying to see whats for sale :)

Maybe a WTB section would be nicer? :rolleyes:

madsciencenow
05-06-2020, 12:13 PM
Agree that they do seem to be up. On the one hand I can see having a separate section but on the other folks will often provide options in re: to the WTB which turns into a classified add so I think it might be challenging to separate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C40_guy
05-06-2020, 12:21 PM

Or just dreaming about them. :)

Bruce K
05-06-2020, 12:34 PM
Not separating

Kind of like a separate OT section - the more sections there are, the harder it is for us to moderate them.

BK

prototoast
05-06-2020, 01:05 PM
This is probably broadly proportional to the general increase in demand for bike and bike-related products due to the coronavirus/shelter-in-place. People here spent the past couple of years complaining that it was a buyer's market, with bikes/components going for pennies. Well, good news, the tide has turned in favor of sellers now, so have at it!

paredown
05-06-2020, 02:06 PM

Guess people are holed up at home and doing projects...|
Garage cleaning is done for most people, and the parts are in motion...

And I think it's that time of year when we are fine-tuning the bikes for (hopefully) the late spring and summer.

Then in the fall, we'll switch back to people selling off the bikes that didn't work.:banana:

Kyle h
05-06-2020, 02:09 PM
But also, a lot of people are sitting on stuff they’d let with but don’t have ads posted for those things so sometimes a WTB is a good way to get connected with those sellers.

madsciencenow
05-06-2020, 02:31 PM
But also, a lot of people are sitting on stuff they’d let with but don’t have ads posted for those things so sometimes a WTB is a good way to get connected with those sellers.

Good point, Kyle. I’m often lazy or just have stuff hanging around just-in-case but if I know somebody needs it I tend to be motivated to respond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gsinill
05-06-2020, 02:32 PM
Or just dreaming about them. :)

Hey, if you have a set of 11s Super Record Ergos (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=251261) with red/white logos and in good shape for a reasonable price, I'll take them - promise! ;)