PDA

View Full Version : Mafac levers

p nut
05-01-2020, 08:18 PM
Looking to purchase some Mafac levers for my next build. Any issues or specifics that I need to look out for? I’m not familiar with these. (i.e. Do they take Shimano or Campy cable? 23.8mm clamp?)

These will go on RH Randonneur bars, and paired with Paul Mini-moto brakes.

On eBay, they’re ~$25-$50. Seems cheap enough if they work right.

ColonelJLloyd
05-01-2020, 08:30 PM
Talking about MAFAC drop bar levers? Yes, regular "road" brake cable ends and 23.8mm clamp.

I have pairs in black and white (not sure I have adjusters for both) "plain" ones if you don't find what you're looking for. There is also a version that had drilled blades. Then there are the ones with no "horn". They had a rubber "hood" that is just held in place with a metal tongue on the back side. I'd avoid those unless you're building a reenactment rig.

p nut
05-01-2020, 08:34 PM
Talking about MAFAC drop bar levers? Yes, regular "road" brake cable ends and 23.8mm clamp.

I have pairs in black and white (not sure I have adjusters for both) "plain" ones if you don't find what you're looking for. There is also a version that had drilled blades.

Thanks.

Alloy or plastic body? May be interested.

ColonelJLloyd
05-01-2020, 08:37 PM
Plastic (delrin).

p nut
05-01-2020, 08:40 PM
Thanks. I am looking for an alloy version. Not sure if they are any more durable than plastic. I do remember having a delrin shift knob in my car back in the day that felt very robust.