PDA

View Full Version : OT: Investment portfolio review

sjbraun
04-29-2020, 01:44 PM
I have a "self-directed" retirement account with Fidelity. For the most part, it contains the same funds I started with more than 25 years ago. I'm trying to find a site to analyze my holdings to see if I'm too committed to certain sectors. Is there an online source that will review my holdings and provide some insight on diversification and if needed, suggest some ways to create a more balanced portfolio?

Thanks

kppolich
04-29-2020, 01:54 PM
Morningstar will give you a sector analysis, sign up is free and you'll have to manually input your tickers, cost basis, and market value.

https://www.morningstar.com/portfolio-manager

I'd guess Fidelity has some sort of dashboard that would show your allocation as well that would save you some manual data entry.
Something like this should be accessible and have a short risk tolerance questionnaire in place to get your current views.
Other questions should be directed at a CFP.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/sa-a-img/imgs/falc/RoboAdvisor/fidelity+dashboard.png

Tony T
04-29-2020, 02:16 PM
I have a "self-directed" retirement account with Fidelity. For the most part, it contains the same funds I started with more than 25 years ago. I'm trying to find a site to analyze my holdings to see if I'm too committed to certain sectors. Is there an online source that will review my holdings and provide some insight on diversification and if needed, suggest some ways to create a more balanced portfolio?

Thanks

Ummm….. Fidelity????

Seriously, what didn't you like about the tools Fidelity provides?

jischr
04-29-2020, 02:32 PM
Log into your Fidelity account and click on the Analysis tab. It will give data on all your accounts. You can choose which account to focus on, e.g., retirement, and it will provide multiple charts/tables. The stock analysis chart has a sector tab. Click on that and at the bottom of that chart there is another link to compare against a benchmark. If you don't like the distribution, use the research page at the top to look for ETF's or mutual funds in the sector you want.

jischr
04-29-2020, 02:36 PM
Also, if you haven't looked at things in 20+ years, Fidelity has a number of webinars you can review on using their tools, etc..

benb
04-29-2020, 03:13 PM
Seriously, what didn't you like about the tools Fidelity provides?

Is this sarcastic?

(From a current owner of 3 accounts there + quite a few in the past)