PDA

View Full Version : Knee hurts

Chad Engle
01-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Weather has been terrible lately, haven't been able to ride indoors either for various reasons. I have been running a little and some Stairmaster stuff.

Put the bike on the trainer last night and about 1/2 hour in my left outer knee was giving me grief. Intermittent pain when pushing taller gears, geared down and it kept bothering me, enough to quit riding.

I did some searches here and other places and my guess is ITB issues. Never had a problem with this before, no changes on the bike recently. I'm going to try stretching and nsaids.

Any other great ideas for those who have had similar issues? Thanks!

fstrthnu
01-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Weather has been terrible lately, haven't been able to ride indoors either for various reasons. I have been running a little and some Stairmaster stuff.

Put the bike on the trainer last night and about 1/2 hour in my left outer knee was giving me grief. Intermittent pain when pushing taller gears, geared down and it kept bothering me, enough to quit riding.

I did some searches here and other places and my guess is ITB issues. Never had a problem with this before, no changes on the bike recently. I'm going to try stretching and nsaids.

Any other great ideas for those who have had similar issues? Thanks!

Dont do anything that hurts it.

R est

I ce

C ompression

E levation

Stretch. Stretch Stretch and NSAI's are a must.

See a physical therapist if you can.

Justin

chrisroph
01-18-2007, 01:05 PM
Dont do anything that hurts it.

R est

I ce

C ompression

E levation

Stretch. Stretch Stretch and NSAI's are a must.

See a physical therapist if you can.

Justin

Also, get a foam roller and roll that ITB. Coy turned me on to this and its magic for ITB issues.

Chad Engle
01-18-2007, 05:28 PM
Thanks. Stretch and roller it is.

Kevin
01-18-2007, 06:21 PM
I have suffered from ITB on and off for several years. Ice and stretching is the key.

Kevin

catulle
01-18-2007, 06:49 PM
I just watched CNN and my soul hurts. Wild Turkey or Four Roses...?

Kane
01-19-2007, 02:50 AM
Well if it is ITB syndrome than the pain will be on the outside of the knee. If that is the case the treatment should include: (example-right side)
-ice-
-skin roll (just what it sounds like)
-deep tissue work
-stretch it by leaning your right shoulder against the wall with the involved (right) foot about 18 to 24 inches from the wall. Let your right hip hang towards the wall. Your left leg will be crossed over your right thigh. Hold the stretch for 30 seconds.
-strengthen the right gluteal medius by laying on your left side with your back against a wall with head, back, butt and right foot touching the wall. Point your right toe down and lift your right leg up (slowly) with your heal dragging lightly on the wall and lower slow (3 seconds). Build your repetitions up to fifty and add and ankle weight a pound at a time until you can do 50 reps with a three pound weight.
-stretch your glute max with a 'yoga pigeon' stretch, ham and quad.

oracle
01-19-2007, 02:51 AM
I just watched CNN and my soul hurts. Wild Turkey or Four Roses...?

you may need a little condi rice