PDA

View Full Version : ...

Clean39T
04-27-2020, 11:52 PM

robt57
04-27-2020, 11:58 PM
Use string and a vacuum... Once you suck the string thru, then use the string to pull thru cable.

ultraman6970
04-27-2020, 11:59 PM
Did you try going with the cable backwards direction (from the back to the front) and see if the cable can go through at the other end?

Dumb questions ok? just because you complain about the exit hole being too small, not complaining that the cable doesnt fit, i least thats what I understand.

Second... if you try to pass the cable normally what happens?? the cable doesnt go out? it gets stuck???

3rd, many bikes doesnt need a super cable tool for that, internally the tube has a tube (it might in a pinarello IMO) so no tool is needed, just pass cable and good to go.

Thanks.

Clean39T
04-28-2020, 12:06 AM
Okay, the cable goes through fine, it's feeding the cable into the hole that is the problem. On every other internally-routed frame I've had, there was an exit port at least 0.5x1.0 cm or more, so you could just get it close and fish it out with a pick. With this one though, it's just a cable-sized hole. Up by the head-tube there is a port that's plenty big. I've searched the interwebs and found no good answers. I think pushing really thin housing liner in from the rear, pulling that through the front port, feeding the cable into it, pushing the cable all the way through, then pulling out the liner should work.....if I can get the liner in there.

So, is that Jagwire a good liner to try?

Pegoready
04-28-2020, 12:06 AM
Route a liner from the back and pull it out the front. Then use it as a guide.

Clean39T
04-28-2020, 12:07 AM
Use string and a vacuum... Once you suck the string thru, then use the string to pull thru cable.

Not enough room in this instance to do that.

Clean39T
04-28-2020, 12:08 AM
Route a liner from the back and pull it out the front. Then use it as a guide.

Is that Jagwire I linked a good one to use? I don't have the luxury of browsing inside a store or talking to a mechanic...

robt57
04-28-2020, 12:12 AM
Not enough room in this instance to do that.

CA glue the string to a trained ant?? :banana:

dave thompson
04-28-2020, 12:18 AM
Thst Jagwire liner, or any other similar liner, is what you need.

In the future when you replace a wire that’s routed through a frame, disconnect the wire at derailleurs or brakes, slide a length of liner upstream on the cable ‘till it pokes out the other hole and leave it there while you remove the old wire and insert the new one. Saves a ton of aggro.

Clean39T
04-28-2020, 12:24 AM
Thst Jagwire liner, or any other similar liner, is what you need.

In the future when you replace a wire that’s routed through a frame, disconnect the wire at derailleurs or brakes, slide a length of liner upstream on the cable ‘till it pokes out the other hole and leave it there while you remove the old wire and insert the new one. Saves a ton of aggro.

Wisdom :beer:

FlashUNC
04-28-2020, 01:46 AM
Guide and the vacuum with a string and a bit of tissue or napkin will do wonders.

And yes, always leave a guide when pulling the old cables.