PDA

View Full Version : Best option to set up Veloce 10s on flat bars

Gsinill
04-26-2020, 07:31 PM
Looks like Paul thumbies for C10 are now unobtainium.
Found those Veloce 10 FB shifters on eBay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Campagnolo-10-Speed-Veloce-Flat-Bar-Ergopower-Levers-3x10-NIB/283838549026) but google tells me they are not very loved.
This will be for a fairly inexperienced rider so simplicity and proper function is crucial.
I doubt that bar-end shifter are simple enough.

Best option?

thwart
04-26-2020, 07:53 PM
Hate to say it... ;) but I think you have to go with either Shimano or SRAM here. They pretty much own the flat bar scene.

Certainly a problem if the rest of your drivetrain for this bike is Campy. But there are Jtek options, IIRC.

thirdgenbird
04-26-2020, 08:53 PM
I still kick myself for selling my c10 thumbies... Paul said they would consider a second run but that was a while ago.

Gsinill
04-26-2020, 08:59 PM
Hate to say it... ;) but I think you have to go with either Shimano or SRAM here. They pretty much own the flat bar scene.

Certainly a problem if the rest of your drivetrain for this bike is Campy. But there are Jtek options, IIRC.

Yeah, don't mind Shimano or SRAM for that particular build, just have an almost new Veloce group collecting dust that would be perfect.

Ralph
04-26-2020, 09:43 PM
My experience is Veloce stuff works about the same as the higher end Campy groups. Just some heavier parts. Maybe not finished quite as well. May be more durable than the top parts. I've got a Veloce RD on one of my bikes....works same as Chorus on other bike. Not better, not worse, but same.

Never used the Veloce flat bar shifters, but would be surprised if they don't work well. Good cables and skill of installation probably biggest factor in how they work. Never understood why anyone critical of that group's performance.

oliver1850
04-26-2020, 11:44 PM
Paul Thumbies if you can find them. I was lucky to land a pair on eBay, have them on my Serotta ATX mountain bike. You could perhaps use bar end shifters with a swept back handlebar.