PDA

View Full Version : OT: Color Laser Printer under $ 200

vav
04-26-2020, 12:41 PM
What's the best out there under $ 200. Wireless a bonus but not a must.

godfrey1112000
04-26-2020, 04:51 PM
Buy the higher priced one if you do volume
HP 8625 a work horse
Use Costco refills
Flawless

C40_guy
04-26-2020, 05:03 PM
We bought the Xerox 6500 a couple of years ago and have been very pleased with its overall performance. There's a lower end model, the 6510, that's $250 on Amazon, which might meet your needs.

Remember that most of your cost will come from consumables rather than the initial purchase. I've bought replacement toner cartridges from LD Products (https://www.ldproducts.com/) at much lower cost than the manufacturer's replacement. Note...these do have a shelf life, so don't stock up too much...

Blown Reek
04-26-2020, 05:07 PM
Just stay away from Sabre printers. They had an issue with them catching fire a while back.

Dino SuegiĆ¹
05-26-2020, 10:36 PM
Buy the higher priced one if you do volume
HP 8625 a work horse
Use Costco refills
Flawless

We bought the Xerox 6500 a couple of years ago and have been very pleased with its overall performance. There's a lower end model, the 6510, that's $250 on Amazon, which might meet your needs.

Remember that most of your cost will come from consumables rather than the initial purchase. I've bought replacement toner cartridges from LD Products (https://www.ldproducts.com/) at much lower cost than the manufacturer's replacement. Note...these do have a shelf life, so don't stock up too much...
The same question I asked on another printer thread:
We needed a new printer and after some research bought a Xerox 6510/DN (basic wired color laser printer only; the same one C40_guy mentioned above), which spec fit our needs, has good reviews, and was on a good sale. No report yet, as it will be delivered tomorrow.

My question is:
is it OK to use third-party toner cartridges for these laser printers? There are quite a few on Amazon, etc, but the salesperson was adamant that one must use Xerox toner cartridges (and they do not even sell Xerox cartridges in the store) with Xerox printers, HP with HP, Brother with Brother, etc.

Is that really true? Will third-party cartridges really damage a printer, or do the manufacturers just want us to buy their branded $$$ cartridges? Xerox cartridges are pretty expensive, as are all the branded cartridges.

We do not do a lot of printing, so the supplied Xerox introductory cartridges will last awhile, but it would nice to save money on future cartridges if we will not be risking damaging the printer by using generics.