PDA

View Full Version : Ornot Clothing Fit

charliedid
04-25-2020, 03:47 PM
Hi all,

Just received a couple new pieces (house vest and LW LS jersey) and I am a bit surprised at how snug (race fit) these pieces are. I have an older jacket and SS jersey that are size L and they fit very differently. Granted I am a bit chubby ( I'm still a skinny guy) and can't fathom ordering an XL as it seems absurd to me.

Anybody have any thoughts on this? I reached out to them for some actual dimensions to see if it makes sense. Sleeves (generous in length really) and body length feel right it's just the "girth" that I am after.

Am I just fat? :eek::confused:;)

livesadventure
04-25-2020, 04:17 PM
The fit for ornot clothing has developed a lot in the last few years.

House jerseys, vests and jackets have a much more slim, performance fit, while the work jerseys and casual t's are more generous

I've been wearing ornot consistently for about five years and while I still wear the same sizes, things have slimmed and tapered mostly all around. I like that. The vest is the biggest change I think, my original vest nearly hangs on me, while the new one is snug.

They are building a fit lookbook currently to give people real-world examples of fit. You can see examples on some product pages i.e. the last picture here (that's me) https://www.ornotbike.com/collections/mens-cycling-jerseys/products/work-jersey-obsidian. I believe covid interrupted much of that progress, unfortunately.

AngryScientist
04-25-2020, 04:36 PM
maybe it's our #corona15 showing :)

charliedid
04-25-2020, 04:41 PM
The fit for ornot clothing has developed a lot in the last few years.

House jerseys, vests and jackets have a much more slim, performance fit, while the work jerseys and casual t's are more generous

I've been wearing ornot consistently for about five years and while I still wear the same sizes, things have slimmed and tapered mostly all around. I like that. The vest is the biggest change I think, my original vest nearly hangs on me, while the new one is snug.

They are building a fit lookbook currently to give people real-world examples of fit. You can see examples on some product pages i.e. the last picture here (that's me) https://www.ornotbike.com/collections/mens-cycling-jerseys/products/work-jersey-obsidian. I believe covid interrupted much of that progress, unfortunately.

Thanks for this insight.

I may hold on to these for a few days to week just to see if it's not just me being bloated from quarantine slobbery. In theory these should be right but I was a bit surprised.

I've noticed the lookbook stuff and it's an okay idea. I still wish everyone posted actual dimensions.

Thanks!

charliedid
04-25-2020, 04:42 PM

Seriously!

Maybe I'm just on my period and sitting on 7 lbs of water :banana:

livesadventure
04-25-2020, 11:06 PM
Thanks for this insight.

I still wish everyone posted actual dimensions.

Thanks!

That would be great! I’ll pass that feedback on to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CTracer
04-26-2020, 06:52 AM
I purchased a pair of their thermal house bib shorts a couple of months ago. Per the sizing chart I should have easily fit into a small but there was no way that was happening (I am 5'9", 131#). They fit more like Giordana/Castelli. I returned them for a medium and all was good. I have only used them 1x but they seem pretty good. The biggest compliment is I didn't notice them.

R3awak3n
04-26-2020, 06:57 AM

I actually did #corona6

Diet starts tomorrow. Being stuck at home is not good on me.

charliedid
04-26-2020, 07:23 AM
I purchased a pair of their thermal house bib shorts a couple of months ago. Per the sizing chart I should have easily fit into a small but there was no way that was happening (I am 5'9", 131#). They fit more like Giordana/Castelli. I returned them for a medium and all was good. I have only used them 1x but they seem pretty good. The biggest compliment is I didn't notice them.

It really is very nice clothing!

In this day and age if internet shopping we need to continue to make sizing decisions easier.

That said, maybe I need to own a scale so I can work from some real data ;-)

charliedid
04-26-2020, 07:23 AM
That would be great! I’ll pass that feedback on to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great stuff, thanks.

Davist
04-26-2020, 08:49 AM
It really is very nice clothing!

In this day and age if internet shopping we need to continue to make sizing decisions easier.

That said, maybe I need to own a scale so I can work from some real data ;-)

Not trying to pick on you, Charlie, but I'm always curious about these type of sizing statements, why don't manufacturers use "I have a 40" chest" or something?, I don't think weight corresponds. Are tape measures obsolete? Is it just a cycling thing? (yes, I understand the stretchiness makes pit to pit or similar clothing measurements difficult, but give us measurements of the people themselves..

I like Tenspeed Hero's "real world" fit guide: http://tenspeedhero.com/projects/mens-real-world-fit-guide/

charliedid
04-26-2020, 11:20 AM
Not trying to pick on you, Charlie, but I'm always curious about these type of sizing statements, why don't manufacturers use "I have a 40" chest" or something?, I don't think weight corresponds. Are tape measures obsolete? Is it just a cycling thing? (yes, I understand the stretchiness makes pit to pit or similar clothing measurements difficult, but give us measurements of the people themselves..

I like Tenspeed Hero's "real world" fit guide: http://tenspeedhero.com/projects/mens-real-world-fit-guide/

Exactly like TSHero. In fact a friend is one of the models in that guide.

Cheers

Ever look a Patagonia's fit guide? haha every model is 6' and wearing a Medium...