PDA

View Full Version : How do I avoid "sideway" pics in posts?

XXtwindad
04-22-2020, 05:51 PM
Anyone else experience this? About 30% of my pics come out sideways. I have no idea why that happens. Anything I can do to fix that? Thx.

CNY rider
04-22-2020, 05:59 PM
I would tell you but my "sideways" rate is at least 60%!

Eager to see the answer.

XXtwindad
04-22-2020, 06:02 PM
I would tell you but my "sideways" rate is at least 60%!

Eager to see the answer.

I don't feel so bad now :)

Tony T
04-22-2020, 06:07 PM
Anyone else experience this? About 30% of my pics come out sideways. I have no idea why that happens. Anything I can do to fix that? Thx.

Rotate the Photo in you App before posting (or if posted already, delete the photo on the Paceline, rotate, and re-upload)

Nice Firefly, I had one built a few years ago, great group of guys there in Boston.

Like this:

FlashUNC
04-22-2020, 06:29 PM
Don't attach images to posts. Us a photo hosting service and link the static links in the post.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

skiezo
04-22-2020, 06:34 PM
Most pic hosting sites you can do most of the editing like cropping,rotation and a bunch of other stuff.
I really like imgur for forum posting. Simple and not a lot of BS.

XXtwindad
04-22-2020, 06:49 PM
Don't attach images to posts. Us a photo hosting service and link the static links in the post.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Haha. I’m lucky if I can get my saddle straight. Where do I find these hosting services? Who do you recommend?

R3awak3n
04-22-2020, 06:51 PM
Haha. I’m lucky if I can get my saddle straight. Where do I find these hosting services? Who do you recommend?

imgur. you upload whatever you want, then you edit and resize, copy the link and paste here. Works great.

FlashUNC
04-22-2020, 07:03 PM

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=photo+hosting+services

BobbyJones
04-22-2020, 07:10 PM
Simply explained, the problem is that some image editing / capture apps don't do a compatible encoding of the EXIF data that tells the next app how to handle rotation.

It can be hit or miss depending on what you're using, so if you're having issues try another software.

pdmtong
04-22-2020, 07:47 PM
Use tapatalk...

kingpin75s
04-22-2020, 07:47 PM
If you are using an iPhone, my experience (antique iPhone 4) is that you have to have your phone sideways for shots for them to come out upright when posted.

Some software that allows for rotations do not help it seems as well. As such, I always turn my phone sideways now if I am taking a bike shot. YMMV.