PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Frameset Closeouts! Great Pricing!

tom823
01-17-2007, 01:28 PM
Richardson Bike Mart, one of the nation's largest and most respected bike shops, is trying to make room for new Serotta inventory. Check out the classifieds for the info on an Ottrott ST, Nove, and two TI Fiertes!

For more information, contact Gary or Tom at RBM Frisco:972-335-7600.

davids
01-17-2007, 01:38 PM
"This forum is not:

* For retailers and manufacturers to advertise their products and services.

Rules:

1. If you are a retailer or manufacturer, you may not advertise your products or services on this forum."

:no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

theprep
01-17-2007, 01:58 PM
Someone is about to get d$ck slapped. :bike:

Climb01742
01-17-2007, 02:12 PM
assuming they're an authorized serotta dealer, wouldn't that make their post here okey-dokey?

hansolo758
01-17-2007, 02:49 PM
in the General discussion section, as far as I am concerned. Putting the ads in the classifieds is fine. Their being an authorized Serotta dealer is irrelevant. Rules are rules, right, whether you are a big-hitter bike shop or a "mere" cyclist?

Smiley
01-17-2007, 02:51 PM
assuming they're an authorized serotta dealer, wouldn't that make their post here okey-dokey?
a Big Serotta dealer too boot. I don't think Richardson would have posted without Serotta's consent. These are smallish frames that if one fits you you'll be the lucky soul.

Serotta PETE
01-17-2007, 04:55 PM
Anyone for a glass of red????? :beer: :beer: :beer:

fstrthnu
01-17-2007, 05:03 PM
Richardson Bike Mart, one of the nation's largest and most respected bike shops, is trying to make room for new Serotta inventory. Check out the classifieds for the info on an Ottrott ST, Nove, and two TI Fiertes!

For more information, contact Gary or Tom at RBM Frisco:972-335-7600.

This is a joke, right?

Justin

Smiley
01-17-2007, 05:08 PM
This is a joke, right?

Justin
Nah , Serotta dealer moving Serotta's , if anybody has a complaint it should be OTHER Serotta dealers and not us as were just guests here.

Welcome back Justin a BIG fan of yours

72gmc
01-17-2007, 05:13 PM
DEALER LIQUIDATES HOBBIT-SIZED BIKES
Bored online community mulls etiquette

PanTerra
01-17-2007, 05:51 PM
Most of the stock bikes are Jim's Hoyt's size. :crap:

davids
01-17-2007, 07:16 PM
a Big Serotta dealer too boot. I don't think Richardson would have posted without Serotta's consent.
If so...

http://www.carolinaarts.com/colma5.jpeg

Me no likey.

Sandy
01-17-2007, 07:36 PM
Back in 2006 there was a thread about a similar situation. To me it was clear then and is clear now.

Rules should apply to all equally. If Serotta wants to give preferential treatment to certain friends or certain dealers then Serotta should change the rules and state such.

The initial post is clearly against the rules and not fair to other bicycle related retailers.

Sandy

PanTerra
01-17-2007, 09:16 PM
Assuming that the initial post was written by a Richardson representative_
Sandy

You don't have to assume.

BumbleBeeDave
01-17-2007, 09:50 PM
Back in 2006 there was a thread about a similar situation. To me it was clear then and is clear now.

Rules should apply to all equally. If Serotta wants to give preferential treatment to certain friends or certain dealers then Serotta should change the rules and state such.

The initial post is clearly against the rules and not fair to other bicycle related retailers.

Sandy

. . . speaketh sooth, as usual.

BBD

hokoman
01-17-2007, 10:10 PM

As funny as this is... I would fit!!!

Ahneida Ride
01-17-2007, 10:23 PM
All dealers have this problem.

How to unload unsold year end inventory to make way for the NEW
stuff that Serotta wants them to purchase so that Serotta has a number
of predefined orders. Predefined orders stabilize Serotta's finances but
Dealers are not enamored with stocking frames which may not sell.

So .... just how do dealers liquidate old stock? without jeopardizing the
MSRP of the New inbound inventory?

Don't ask me. Perhaps a national close out page on the Serotta site for
two weeks a year. BUT then, many would wait for just such a closeout
and Serotta in season sales might languish.

As I said ... I don't know. But I do think it is unfair for one shop to be
able to promote here while others are stuck to sell their inventory as best
they can.

PanTerra
01-17-2007, 11:35 PM
I can't help but think that Tom posted without actually reading the rules.

Jack Brunk
01-18-2007, 12:17 AM
Does it really matter?

J

PanTerra
01-18-2007, 12:24 AM
Does it really matter?

J

It may to Serotta.

oracle
01-18-2007, 12:33 AM
It may to Serotta.

what about after the sun becomes a red giant and the earth, our terra, is swallowed by its firey wrath?

shinomaster
01-18-2007, 12:59 AM
what about after the sun becomes a red giant and the earth, our terra, is swallowed by its firey wrath?

Oracle, that will be a sad day for the antiquities market eh?

oracle
01-18-2007, 01:06 AM
Oracle, that will be a sad day for the antiquities market eh?

true that, shinoman. i'll try to launch a few marble statues and maybe tripods into outer-space before that happens. ;)

shinomaster
01-18-2007, 01:14 AM
true that, shinoman. i'll try to launch a few marble statues and maybe tripods into outer-space before that happens. ;)

Thank God for you!!!!!! Any chance I can put some of my pottery on that space ship? Or at the very least a duck?

oracle
01-18-2007, 01:19 AM
sure, a few of your pots can be included, as well as any brave ducks who are into space exploration..!

shinomaster
01-18-2007, 01:28 AM
sure, a few of your pots can be included, as well as any brave ducks who are into space exploration..!

Sweet, I'll be famous on Pluto.
:banana:

oracle
01-18-2007, 01:38 AM
Sweet, I'll be famous on Pluto.
:banana:

pluto isn't a planet anymore........ just a floating ice cube : (

Hardlyrob
02-02-2007, 09:01 AM
it best...

Go for a ride!

Ti Designs
02-02-2007, 09:35 AM
Nah , Serotta dealer moving Serotta's , if anybody has a complaint it should be OTHER Serotta dealers and not us as were just guests here.

OK, other Serotta dealers have a complaint. If Serotta wants to make a national list of close-out frames I think any dealer that brings in demo bikes would be happy. As it stands we have one person ignoring the rules and posting about one shop having close-outs. This thread should have been deleted long ago, and it would have 'cept that it was advertising Serotta. Replace Serotta with Giant or Specialized or Colnago and there wouldn't be anything left to argue about.

SoCalSteve
02-02-2007, 10:02 AM
It may to Serotta.

As Sandy pointed out, this happened before with a Serotta dealer (I believe it was City Cycles in San Fran) and Serotta was happy to let the "Serotta" dealer post classified ads.

I remember this because I commented on it back then and one of our fine Admin's said the were fine with it...

Dekonick
02-02-2007, 03:47 PM
at a minimum do it in the classified section...

catulle
02-02-2007, 04:17 PM
Excuse me, yoohoo, where can I see the bicycles being offered? I checked the Richardson Bike Mart site and not a peep on Serotta did I find. Thanks.