PDA

View Full Version : Truvativ Sram Crank Bolt Question

giverdada
04-21-2020, 12:36 PM
Hey friends:

I'm isolating in the middle of nowhere (away from all bike shops ever, including the closed ones and open ones), and seem to have lost my crank bolt. It seems that it self-extracted itself. Hard to dig up info on the bike or the part or whatever, and there's a blizzard outside so my phone photos are ****e, but here's what I got:

Bike is 2015 Louis Garneau Elevation HR1, 29er MTB, all stock
(I think) Crank is Truvativ e400, triple
(I think) BB is Powerspline

Hard to find info. Hard to get a part number (I'm not savvy on the search). Hard to figure out. Looks like there are threads inside the spindle for the actual retention of the arm by the bold onto the spindle. Then there are threads inside the crank arm too. Weird. Anyway, if anyone has an encyclopedic knowledge of BBs and their bolts, I'd appreciate the help!

Thank you!

Mark McM
04-21-2020, 01:54 PM
Powerspline uses the same retention bolt (M8) and crank remover (22mm) as square taper cranks.

Powerspline can be distinguished from other splined BBs by the number of splines:

Powerspline - 12 splines
ISIS - 10 splines
Octalink - 8 splines

dave thompson
04-21-2020, 01:54 PM
Your pic is a little blurry but it appears that whst you need is a standard square taper crank bolt assembly. If the black ring that surrounds the central bolt has holes to locate a pin spanner, that's the self extractor. All pretty common.

giverdada
04-21-2020, 06:29 PM
awesome. thanks friends. i'll see about scamming a bolt off of another bike and trying my luck.