PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys, I finally pulled the trigger

Hokiemon
01-17-2007, 10:22 AM
I have been a long time lurker and coveter of a Serotta. I finally made the committment and ordered a Legend Ti. I am sure that I will have a lot of questions and hope that you all can help with the answers.

I have pretty much decided on the components but need some input on the value of the $250.00 protection plan. Is it worth it?

Thanks in advance and if anyone lives in the Roanoke VA area let me know.

pdxmech13
01-17-2007, 10:31 AM
congrats, you'll love that frame. I have owned one for almost two years and as Serotta says it is the best ti bike ever concieved. As for the 250.00 you have to decide for yourself. What does it cover ?

Hokiemon
01-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Membership in the owners club for 5 years; a Serotta jersy;and crash protection.

johnmdesigner
01-17-2007, 11:34 AM
If you ever have an accident Serotta will replace the frame for a small fee.
It's worth the money considering how much the frame costs.

Serotta PETE
01-17-2007, 12:39 PM
You will love the ride of the Legend. Over the years I have had the opportunity to ride many Serottas and the Legend is my all time favorite (as well as the Ottrott which has legend DNA ;) )

As to protection plan, I would recommend it. Peace of mind and also get the owners club and Jersey.

Post pictures for us when you get your bike.

PETE

johnmdesigner
01-17-2007, 01:27 PM
Pete should start including a bottle of red in the new Owners Club memberships. :p

stevep
01-17-2007, 03:43 PM
great bike... but you'll probably wear it out after 150,000 miles...so you had better start to think about the next one.
this is called serotta forum disease. very common here.
enjoy the bike. good choice.

trophyoftexas
01-17-2007, 03:45 PM
...do the owner's club thing.

Skrawny
01-17-2007, 04:13 PM
I have put about 15,000 miles on my Legend Ti in the 2 years I have had it. I have NEVER gotten on it and not enjoyed my ride (including the last one where I broke my thumb -it was a great ride until then!). Some of the best money I have ever spent.
-s

Serotta PETE
01-17-2007, 04:52 PM
Pete should start including a bottle of red in the new Owners Club memberships. :p

I am trying to convince BEN of this....Found a great bottle of Italian and it was not too many $$s. Will have to work on him at the OPEN HOUSE>

PETE

AgilisMerlin
01-17-2007, 05:44 PM
great bike... but you'll probably wear it out after 150,000 miles...so you had better start to think about the next one.
this is called serotta forum disease. very common here.
enjoy the bike. good choice.

Is ti effected by fatigue/normal riding conditions.

Curious.

agilismerlin

stevep
01-17-2007, 06:04 PM

Curious.

agilismerlin

i would answer no way...but i defer to kellloggg.
extra letters to compensate for the last time i stiffed him.
i sold merlin for a few years awhile ago.
generally i thk those frames will pretty much last forever if no weld contamination.

fierte_poser
01-17-2007, 06:07 PM
Can you give us any details of the frame you're getting? Stock geometry? Stock tubes? Color? What are you going to build it up with? Help a poor fierte customer live a little (vicariously, of course). :)

Serotta PETE
01-17-2007, 06:42 PM

Curious.

agilismerlin

It is not suppose to be, but then I do not know anyone with those type of miles. As to carbon FORKS.....Mike Lopez (Serotta carbon wiz) told us last summer that they will also outlast us, unless they shake hands with a non movable object first.