PDA

View Full Version : SICI Fit Class in San Francisco?

petitelilpettit
01-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Hello everyone. I'm curious to know who lives in the San Francisco Bay area, because I'd like to meet ya. I'm heading up to Frisco for the Serotta fit class in a couple of weeks. Planning on riding in the area as well. Anyone going to be there?

Pettit

Skrawny
01-16-2007, 10:05 PM
Hey, there Pettit!
I'd love to show you some great rides out here (maybe some good buritos too). I'm off the bike until the beginning of Feb because of a broken finger, but, starting the 1st I'll be ready to roll! PM me.

Anyone else?

-s

Serotta_James
01-16-2007, 10:26 PM
I'll be there with the Serotta demo fleet.
CCSF, 16th and 17th.
Hope to see a lot of people there.

james

Serotta_James
01-16-2007, 10:29 PM
Hey, there Pettit!
I'd love to show you some great rides out here (maybe some good buritos too). I'm off the bike until the beginning of Feb because of a broken finger, but, starting the 1st I'll be ready to roll! PM me.

Anyone else?

-s

Broken finger? I hope it wasn't Trigger's fault.

whales
01-16-2007, 10:42 PM
7:30AM, south end of the GG Bridge (in front of the bathrooms) every Tues. & Thurs. and sometimes Friday. A nice small group jaunt to Muir Beach & back at the bridge by 9:30. Great way to start the day. Feel free to join.

petitelilpettit
01-16-2007, 11:17 PM
the Paradise loop? I have been told by my mechanic who used to work up there (Matt Thomas, if anyone knows the name) that the Paradise loop is something that I definitely have to do.

whales: Sounds good. I'll see what I can do with convincing my boss (who's attending as well) to head out that way.

Skrawny: I'll keep in touch. Hopefully I'll find you around.

I was hoping to extend my stay in San Francisco to catch the prologue of the Tour of California, so I could watch the circuit race in Long Beach, but I can't miss any more days of school.

Any other rides that I should do while I'm up there?

Pettit

vaxn8r
01-17-2007, 12:07 AM
7:30AM, south end of the GG Bridge (in front of the bathrooms) every Tues. & Thurs. and sometimes Friday. A nice small group jaunt to Muir Beach & back at the bridge by 9:30. Great way to start the day. Feel free to join.
How far/how long is that ride? I'm going to be out there next week but don't know if I can make the AM time frame. I'd like to try it Wed afternoon around 3PM would I have time before dark?

superunleaded
01-17-2007, 12:50 AM
I've only been riding indoors but if you want to check out some rides around SF, you can start here: http://bayinsider.ktvu.com/recreation/guides/biking/index_road.html

or here:
http://fremontfreewheelers.org/RaceTeam/Useful/TrainingRides/

crrm6sl
01-17-2007, 02:01 AM
My wife and I are making the journey down from Canada and will be in San francisco on the 16th or 17th to watch the Tour of California :) I plan on doing a road race on the 17th in Fresno County called Cantua Creek, it looks like fun.Our plan is to follow the race down the coast to the finish in Long Beach and then I want to do the Shoreline Crit in long Beach on the morning of the 25th. Have any of you done either of these races? or have any advice?I have a Canadian senior1/2 licence and have not raced in the States. Hope it works down there? If there are any rides planned in the Bay area on Fri the 16th I would be in forsure.

Skrawny
01-17-2007, 11:24 AM
James,
I look forward to having you out here again. The broken thumb was from a group pile-up in a training ride. Was more my fault than Trigger's & the good people at City Cycle put him back to tip-top shape in a jiffy!

petitelilpettit,
The Paradise Loop is a classic SF ride, about 40 miles long with minimal hills an beautiful views. Depending on level of fitness, we sometimes use this as a recovery ride.

vaxn8r,
There are a few different routes he could be taking, but my guess is it would be between 45-55 miles with more hills than the Paradise Loop.

My favorite ride is Alpine Dam(n), which is a 60mile ride with lots of climbing, great views, and fun downhills.

Let's all get together! How about that weekend that James is out here?

-s

whales
01-17-2007, 11:39 AM
The Muir Beach ride will get you back to the Bridge no later than 9:30. The length; bridge to bridge is about 33 miles (not sure where 45-55 miles estimate comes from regardless of route) and yes, there are two climbs, yet short, each at about 10-15 minutes. Come on out as its not a hammer-fest (at this time of year).

sbornia
01-17-2007, 12:09 PM
My favorite ride is Alpine Dam(n), which is a 60mile ride with lots of climbing, great views, and fun downhills.

+1

Berkeley/Oakland hills are also good if you get over to the East Bay.

Skrawny
01-17-2007, 01:00 PM
not sure where 45-55 miles estimate comes from regardless of route

My bad, I was including the distance from my house to bridge, not bridge-bridge.

-s

Skrawny
02-06-2007, 11:55 AM
Who will be coming out?
Serotta James?
petitelilpettit?
crrm6sl?
Locals?

My LBS is having a Tour de CA kick-off party and have encouraged me to invite you guys. I'll be there, but other than that there should be a lot of nice folks, good beer and sweeet bikes...
Hope to see/meet you guys there!
-s

(PS- I don't work with City Cycle, just a groupie.)

---------------------------
Greetings City Cycle customers,

With the Tour of California less than two weeks away, City Cycle is thrilled to throw a party to celebrate the 2nd annual eight-day stage race across our beautiful state. Please join us and help kick off this exciting event:

City Cycle's Tour of California Kick-off Party
Saturday, February 17th
6:30 - 9:30pm
at City Cycle
3001 Steiner St. @ Union , San Francisco

There'll be plenty of food, drinks and good cheer, so please join us!
RSVP to ari@citycycle.com or (415) 346-2242

We also look forward to seeing our friends and loyal customers out there lining the Prologue course on Sunday, cheering on their favorite racers, and supporting the sport we all love!

Keep on riding!

-- The gang at City Cycle

chakatrain
02-06-2007, 08:44 PM
Count me in for the Saturday CCSF party. I'm also up for a ride as well, I second the Alpine Dam road (going through Fairfax first, then up to the top via the back side is my preferred loop direction), though I may huff and puff quite a bit.

Can't wait to see all the goodies and meet some forumites.

I've got plans to watch Sunday's TdC prologue, so I guess the ride would need to happen Saturday?

Skrawny
02-06-2007, 09:52 PM
I third Alpine Dam (or did I first it?). Nevertheless a Saturday group ride sounds great!

-s

petitelilpettit
02-06-2007, 11:39 PM
I would join you guys on the 17th, but I'm going back on Wednesday. Though this Sunday (the 11th), I'm probably gonna try to ride with the Cycle Sports guys, pending on the itenerary of the SICI class. What ride do they do Sunday, what time do they roll out, and what is the pace?

Pettit

chakatrain
02-06-2007, 11:42 PM

crrm6sl
02-07-2007, 07:58 PM
Hey guy's what skill level are your rides. Not being from the area I would like to no what I am getting myself into. :)

Skrawny
02-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Trying to stitch these two threads together! (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=312170&postcount=6)

-s

Skrawny
02-14-2007, 09:07 PM
So far Chakatrain and I are riding out of City Cycle @ Union X Steiner in SF on Sat 2/17... who's with us?!!

We plan on doing Alpine Dam (60miles, hilly)

I am newly back on the bike, so I will not be going too hard, but this ride sets us up well for multiple levels of riders.

Who will be in town for a ride?
PM me for contact info.
-s