PDA

View Full Version : Help me with Romin Saddle choices

robt57
04-15-2020, 01:08 PM
I can't keep up with the myriad of these saddles and the versions. Make duplicating difficult.

My fav is a Romin EVO Pro BG and says BodyGeom on it. I have two non Pro EVO and they have a tad less padding. I don't want to keep getting wrong ones like these two. I don't mind these others as the shape is still good for me. But for 5 hours in the saddle the one I am seeking is just better for me.

It is not very padded, but enough as to perfect for me...

I just posted a WTB/WTT4 in classifieds.

https://forums.thepaceline.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1697996901&stc=1&d=1586973411

Sojodave
04-15-2020, 01:53 PM
I'm just guessing but by the looks of the photo, the Romin Evo pictured is a pre-2015 model. Starting in 2015, the Romin Evo Pro is 1 cm shorter. I have a Romin Evo Pro and you are supposed to level the middle of the saddle. For me, it's 3.25% down in front if you put a book on the top of it. Good luck, some people can ride any saddle and others struggle...I struggle.

robt57
04-15-2020, 02:00 PM
I was happy with Fizik for a few seasons. But I lost 10% of my body weight and was able to put back setback and Bar drop my fat gut did not allow for.

It seem the hip tilt now with 8.75CM bar drop and the Fiziks don't work for me anymore. I though it was age catching up with me, turned out is was girth.