PDA

View Full Version : OT "Don't Get Up"

Bill Bove
01-16-2007, 08:37 AM
Jack is back :banana:

I'm sure glad that I don't live in Jack Buaer's America though, the things that have happened in that show...

Jeff Weir
01-16-2007, 09:08 AM
I read that Jack Bauer is heading up to Chester to pickup his new frame. I sure hope for atmo's sake that it's exactly the way Jack wants it.

pdxmech13
01-16-2007, 09:15 AM
I can't stop watching it. this will be the first season I'll watch on tv instead of dvd.

dbrk
01-16-2007, 09:37 AM
I'm sure glad that I don't live in Jack Buar's [sic] America ...

Don't be so sure. I'm certainly not.

dbrk

BoulderGeek
01-16-2007, 10:44 AM
The distinctions between the government of 24 and ours have purposely thin and blurred lines.

I did love last season's presidential ineptitude and corruption barbs, as they mesh with my 2000-present world view.

24 is a completely soap-opera infused world, where one has to totally suspend disbelief. It's had constant ridiculousness since the beginning (Teri and Kim plotlines, anyone?).

Last nights two shocking moments were well done, though. Not quite "gimme a hacksaw" but bold.

This season is the first that I'll see in HD, which is uber cool.

It's also the first one where I am unable to skip commercials (the downside of HD).

But, with this arctic blast for the last month in Colorado, TV keeps me on the couch eating cupcakes and polluting myself, able to blissfully ignore all of the rigorous exercise i should be doing, and the benefits thereof.

dave thompson
01-16-2007, 11:18 AM
<snip>..................This season is the first that I'll see in HD, which is uber cool.

It's also the first one where I am unable to skip commercials (the downside of HD)............<snip>.
Buy an HD-DVR. Then you can tivo your way to visual nirvana, commercialess!

oracle
01-16-2007, 12:19 PM
i'm having trouble understanding the curtis fiasco.

Bill Bove
01-16-2007, 04:42 PM
Curtis was letting a personal grudge get in the way of the mission so Jack shot him. Typical Jack. Don't mess with Jack.

I loved it when he carjacked the van last night. He just knocks the guy to ground and growls "don't get up" as he drives away. Someday, someday I'll be as cool.