PDA

View Full Version : Could someone with knowledge of Trek nomenclature help me decipher its wheel line-up

echappist
04-10-2020, 12:26 PM
Specifically, there's Aeolus, Aeolus Comp, Aeolus Pro, Aura, and XXX. There are also those with the "D3" designation. For the Aeolus, there's also TLR, which i think just means tubeless ready and nothing more.

Anyone know what the hierarchy is here? I think the Aeolus Comp and Aura refer to the same thing, but can't be sure. At one time the XXX series appears to designate top of the line up, but at other times it's the Aeolus D3. Past a certain level, the wheels use DT Swiss hubs, etc. All quite confusing.

Any help deciphering this would be greatly appreciated.

quickfeet
04-10-2020, 01:00 PM
Aeolus Xxx is top of line up right now and are USA made rims 2/4/6 is depth 20/40/60mm

Aeolus pro is behind that they are called d3/d5 shape because they use the molds from the old generation (these were just called Aeolus d3/d5/ etc) top of the line wheels but are not USA made, 3/5 Depth= 30/50mm

Aeolus comp is alloy rim/carbon fairing, used to be called the aura which are discontinued

All are tlr which just means tubeless ready when you use a rim strip

echappist
04-10-2020, 01:17 PM
Understood. Thank you