PDA

View Full Version : lazer helmets

pdxmech13
01-15-2007, 10:23 AM
anyone got opinions on these. I ve only seen 1 in person.

Thanks

m_moses
01-16-2007, 12:55 AM
I tried the Genesis model at a LBS and liked the fit. It had an adjustable retention band that made it easy to get a good fit. I've got a friend who bought one and is happy with his.

Ramjm_2000
01-16-2007, 07:03 AM
I've got a Revolution 2 at I use mainly for MTB but used for road for a while. Very nice.

jemoryl
01-16-2007, 04:08 PM
I've got a Lazer Blade from a few years back that I am perfectly happy with. The blue/silver/white color scheme goes well with my bikes, fit is good and it comes with a spare set of pads. I believe mine might have been a closeout of the Quick-Step (Lazer is a Belgian company) team colors from '03 or '04 , so the price was right (not sure I would pay full list).

pdxmech13
01-16-2007, 06:20 PM
I ordered one.
be here on friday.
genesis minus the gabriel

Frustration
01-17-2007, 07:53 AM
Riiiiight.

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos/charles/tech/lazerthumb.jpg

The Genesis is great... The retention system makes it fit more heads, as it conforms to your head instead of just pushing from the back making your forehead squish against the front.

musgravecycles
01-17-2007, 11:18 AM
I've got a Genesis.

As stated the retention system will fit just about any head. I've always had a hard time finding a good fitting helmet, this one fits perfect. Another great feature, it has enough adjustment that I can open it up to fit it over my winter hat or turn it back down to my head.

I do wish that they'd brought all the 'lines' together in the front of the helmet, and the ventilation isn't as good as some. However it's the best fitting helmet I've worn, and that's what counts...

m_moses
01-17-2007, 12:03 PM
Speaking of helmets . . . I recently picked up a Uvex helmet off of Ebay for offroad use and it's very nice also.

Nice, positive, easily adustable head retention system with a ratcheting chin strap closure that's easy to loosen and tighten.

I think I've had my Giro blinders on too long.