PDA

View Full Version : Tip of the day: removing logos

duff_duffy
04-03-2020, 10:14 PM
I’ve taken many logos off stuff over the years but tonight found a great combination...magic eraser plus nail polish remover - took the Deda logos off in about 5 seconds from this stem, Black finish underneath looks perfect! Not sure if this will work on everything but super quick!

boywander
04-03-2020, 11:06 PM
Yes, acetone does wonders on some paint and decals logos on metals surfaces.

phoenix
04-03-2020, 11:08 PM
I may need to try this. The only stem I've had no success with is a Ritchey WCS 220. Branding just doesn't want to come off. I'll try this magic eraser trick and report back.

duff_duffy
04-03-2020, 11:11 PM
Definitely try magic eraser with it...I was 10 minutes in with rubbing and had barely taken any off. Happened to see magic eraser and thought why not try it, 5 seconds later it was done. Magic.

scoobydrew
04-03-2020, 11:52 PM
I may need to try this. The only stem I've had no success with is a Ritchey WCS 220. Branding just doesn't want to come off. I'll try this magic eraser trick and report back.

Wish I knew about this magic eraser trick for my Ritchey WCS C220 stem. Like you, I had a heck of a time with acetone. It ultimately all came off, but took a lot of acetone and elbow grease. Fortunately I was able to do all this under the fume hood at work.

phoenix
04-04-2020, 12:17 AM
Wish I knew about this magic eraser trick for my Ritchey WCS C220 stem. Like you, I had a heck of a time with acetone. It ultimately all came off, but took a lot of acetone and elbow grease. Fortunately I was able to do all this under the fume hood at work.I put a good amount of effort into it, but now that that stem has been sitting in a bin for a year or so, i’ll really get after it. Worst case scenario, I end up painting it.

Joe.kozlowski91
04-04-2020, 02:39 PM
Thanks for this! Been wanting to de-logo some stuff for a while now!

arimajol
04-04-2020, 02:52 PM
I was looking at my look 585 the other day and thought maybe I could peel off a couple of the 18 "LOOK"s. When I looked closer I realized that they aren't decals. They were masked, and the black LOOK is the carbon itself. :rolleyes:

jtbadge
04-04-2020, 02:59 PM
If you're having trouble, make sure you have "100% acetone" and not just "nail polish remover" which has acetone but is diluted to be gentler on skin/cuticles.

Also obviously if the logos are under clear coat, acetone won't work.