PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else missing their favorite CAFÉ stops

Tony
03-31-2020, 03:51 PM
Missing this place after rides. Beautiful location on K street, outdoor mall over looking the capital. Excellent pastries and coffee.
https://ambrosiafinefood.com/

Also miss Peet's "Queen Ah-Mon" pastry, so good!

dbnm
03-31-2020, 04:04 PM
Coffee was always part of my rides. I miss them but I am saving a lot of money.

I usually spend about $15 a day a various coffee shops.

Waldo62
03-31-2020, 04:16 PM
SiSi Caffe in Moraga, CA, owned and operated by a former Oakland Raiderette, is closed until further notice..... :(:(

sparky33
03-31-2020, 04:22 PM
I miss breakfast pastry in a big way. I plan to eat a pastry every day until forever when the C is no longer a threat.

Not drinking $4 coffee from a paper cup has been a good thing for the earth and for my wallet.

Blue Jays
03-31-2020, 04:32 PM
Such good laughs shared at the "midway coffee stop" during group rides!
Eager for those wonderful halcyon days to one day return to riding clubs.

bicycletricycle
03-31-2020, 04:33 PM
I really miss coffee and pastry. My wallet and my belly don't though. French press and a toaster are pretty good substitutes.

d_douglas
03-31-2020, 04:34 PM
I live a block one of the best coffee shops in the city and they've closed. It is a thriving one, so they'll most certainly survive, but I dont know if I will.

peanutgallery
03-31-2020, 04:36 PM
Now that they're moving bodies in NYC with forklifts... I'm gonna go with a "no"

https://nypost.com/2020/03/31/nyc-hospital-resumes-use-of-forklift-to-move-bodies-amid-coronavirus/

Smitty2k1
04-01-2020, 07:13 AM
Yep, really missing having a destination in mind for my rides. Oh also other people.

rwsaunders
04-01-2020, 10:34 AM
The Coffee Tree is our frequent ride java stop and LaPrima is my go to for home consumption. I miss the apres ride chatter at the shop, but we will be back for sure. Both shops are open for takeout and LaPrima ships for a flat rate of $5...just had 2# of Miscela Bar espresso roast beans delivered last week.

https://coffeetree.store

https://laprima.com

jtbadge
04-01-2020, 10:57 AM
Now that they're moving bodies in NYC with forklifts... I'm gonna go with a "no"

https://nypost.com/2020/03/31/nyc-hospital-resumes-use-of-forklift-to-move-bodies-amid-coronavirus/

New York Post... really.

tv_vt
04-01-2020, 11:25 AM
Well, fwiw, my coffee stops are mostly full service gas stations and country stores, and they're all still open. Definitely not as romantic as the coffee stops in other countries, but at least they're not locked down.

Edit: Dug this one out. There aren't too many places that can be rivaled for a coffee stop than on top of one of the four passes (all above 2000m) in the Sella Ronda loop in the Dolomites. This is on top of Passo Sella. (Sigh.)

Waldo62
04-01-2020, 11:51 AM
Peet's locations in the Bay Area are still open. Domingo Peet's in Berkeley was open at 6:45 this morning. You can't go in, but have to order at the door and they give you your order when it's ready, or use the app and order ahead.

jtakeda
04-01-2020, 12:26 PM
Maybe im just a "non essential" guy.

I almost never go out for coffee. Rarely go to the bar and tend to make most of my food at home.

The thing i really miss is hanging out with people, the coffee shop was just the conduit for that--so its not necessarily the coffee I miss...

Blue Jays
04-01-2020, 12:30 PM
"...Yep, really missing having a destination in mind for my rides. Oh also other people..."
When arranging group rides, my crew loves planning where we will enjoy delicious coffee halfway!

Tony
04-01-2020, 12:38 PM
When arranging group rides, my crew loves planning where we will enjoy delicious coffee halfway!

Same, all our routes have coffee stops some in between others at the end.

Coffee Rider
04-01-2020, 01:20 PM
Most definitely. I miss being able to ride with friends and hanging out at the coffee shop after the ride. Riding by myself and a Xoom happy hour isn't quite the same.

Skenry
04-01-2020, 02:03 PM
I work in a firehouse, and being old, I don't make the coffee. It usually comes out looking very thick and black like think old motor oil. I can't drink firehouse coffee, but always went up to the coffee shop for a few cups on my other two days off. (24hours at work, 48 hours off)

I haven't had a cup in two weeks now. The headaches are gone and I no longer have the urge to walk up the street to the gas station.

Now I just keep thinking about buying a coffee maker when I'm out shopping. We'll see.

Hawker
04-02-2020, 07:40 PM
Coffee and a great bagel in a small shop with local atmosphere, the newspaper and classic jazz playing in the background and I get to ride there on my bike...Nirvana my friend.

Blue Jays
04-02-2020, 07:52 PM
I have a favorite coffee and bakery spot that is located about 45-50 miles away, depending on route selected to pedal there.
Kind of surreal to think about that now. Seeing as how in the past few months I could use a compass to draw a 5-mile circle around my home.

Frankwurst
04-02-2020, 07:57 PM
Coffee and a great bagel in a small shop with local atmosphere, the newspaper and classic jazz playing in the background and I get to ride there on my bike...Nirvana my friend.

I don't think Nirvana would be considered classic jazz.;):beer:

rpm
04-02-2020, 08:21 PM
I totally miss my coffee stops. I have one on each of my 2 hour routes and a couple of cafes on my four hour routes. I also miss the bathrooms. I’m good for the 2 hour rides, but I’m been worried about the 4 hour rides. I would need a comfort stop.

EPOJoe
04-02-2020, 09:48 PM
Missing this place after rides. Beautiful location on K street, outdoor mall over looking the capital. Excellent pastries and coffee.
https://ambrosiafinefood.com/

Looks nice. I stop at the Costco by the duck pond at mile 4 on the bike trail. :bike:

Thrust
04-03-2020, 04:31 AM
Coffee was always part of my rides. I miss them but I am saving a lot of money.

I usually spend about $15 a day a various coffee shops.

Sounds about right.

Kyle h
04-03-2020, 06:40 AM
Our team is sponsored by a local coffee shop and every sat/sun we would start our group rides there. Really missing both of those things right now, even though we’ve still been able to get beans to brew at home.

AngryScientist
04-03-2020, 06:55 AM

that sounds great! - the only problem is you live in GA, so you would have to ride your bike about a 1000 miles north to find that great bagel :banana:

joemull
04-03-2020, 07:21 AM

yikes that looks so dehumanizing and it's only two neighborhoods away from me. it's friggin modern day monty python