PDA

View Full Version : A New Youtube Channel

bianchi10
03-26-2020, 03:50 PM
Hello all,

I just started a new Youtube channel and wanted to share. Sure its a shameless plug, but honestly it's more than that for me. I'm very passionate about cycling, but have gone through many frustrating moments to get to a point where I can fully enjoy myself on the bike. I've made SO many mistakes over the years from wrong fit, poor choices, trying to fix something on my own without knowing how to properly do it and many other things. I still don't know all there is to know, in fact I'm still very far from it. However, I've learned from a lot of those mistakes and simply want to help others who may have been where I was when I started out from making the same mistakes I have.

While I dabble with photography, video media is far from something I'm comfortable with. I'm new to learning the settings and how to edit. I have always been on the creative side so I can vision how I want something to look and have been able to come up with some videos that weren't too bad. Still lots to learn in how to piece the story together and become more efficient, but hoping that will come with time.

I posted my first 3 videos today and have received a fair amount of good feedback. More importantly, I've been contacted from others around the world telling me that I've helped them with things they too have been frustrated with, but didn't know how to resolve or make the right decision. That in itself has been absolutely heart warming and satisfying.

Since we are all in a community of cycling and share a common bond, I wanted to pass along my page in hopes that just maybe, there would be someone else in the shadows that I could help. As mentioned above, this isn't about growing as many followers as I can. It will obviously help give better exposure to my content, but that isn't my goal. Just want to help those who have been in the place of frustration like I was so often.

Take a look if you can, but more importantly, I hope it helps inspire others to enjoy the sport we all love.

Page is called "Son Of A Cyclist". Reason for the channel name is that we all continue to learn as we grow in this sport all while making mistakes. As we spend more time in the sport and educate ourselves with fit, mechanics, diet...etc we mature and are in a better position to become successful.

Thanks in advance for watching
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2CGzRmPACuUQS7mVkPf2nQ/about?view_as=subscriber

ultraman6970
03-26-2020, 04:07 PM
Good videos :)

joosttx
03-26-2020, 04:14 PM
i subscribed

Clean39T
03-26-2020, 04:21 PM
YouTube channel from my favorite inspirational IG photog and local homie?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQH_VXWXkAMLiQB.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Gsinill
03-26-2020, 04:26 PM
Watched intro and indoor training so far.
Great job, really!

dsimon
03-26-2020, 04:59 PM
love the garage im so jelly

bianchi10
03-26-2020, 05:15 PM
i subscribed
Thank you! Hope you enjoy the channel

Good videos :)
Thank you. Still have a lot to learn, but had a ton of fun (And a couple nights of tearing my hair out lol) making and editing them.

YouTube channel from my favorite inspirational IG photog and local homie?
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
:banana: Thanks Dan, appreciate the kind words and your support! Can't wait to get out on a ride here soon with ya!

Watched intro and indoor training so far.
Great job, really!
Appreciate it! Was super nervous and scared to put it out there, but feel comforted in the feedback I've gotten back so far.

love the garage im so jelly
Thanks! I'm pretty OCD in that space. My kids know it's Daddy's area and they aren't allowed on the carpeted section in the garage, unless my son is going to admire and ride his own bike. Otherwise, its a safe 7 ft rule around my bike :p

It's honestly taken me a long time to get it set up the way it is now by slowly adding to it here and there. I seriously find myself walking out into my garage with no intention of riding or doing anything other than looking around to take it all in, then walk back in the house haha!

m_sasso
03-27-2020, 04:49 AM
Hey Nick, retired so found plenty of time to watch all three with the current lock down and off weather. Went back to back after viewing the first video. I still don't care for black bikes, :) however over looked how much one view differs from another, were we do agree, I really enjoyed the sincere approach and comprehensible, uncomplicated content. Thanks for taking the courage and time for putting them up, sharing knowledge is almost always a good thing. Predict confidently, shortly you will have plenty of viewers, hope not more than your privacy can tolerate.

oldpotatoe
03-27-2020, 04:57 AM
Good vidoes, watched them but, as a gear oriented forum 'sometimes'..'bianchi'10?

soulspinner
03-27-2020, 05:02 AM
Thanks. Never tried those rollers with the movement. Nice clear presentation. Awesome setup.

b33
03-27-2020, 07:07 AM
Well done. Rollers!!!!!!!!

jeffkoller91
03-27-2020, 08:06 AM
That roller setup is really impressive. I wish I had the space for something similar.

bianchi10
03-27-2020, 11:00 AM
Hey Nick, retired so found plenty of time to watch all three with the current lock down and off weather. Went back to back after viewing the first video. I still don't care for black bikes, :) however over looked how much one view differs from another, were we do agree, I really enjoyed the sincere approach and comprehensible, uncomplicated content. Thanks for taking the courage and time for putting them up, sharing knowledge is almost always a good thing. Predict confidently, shortly you will have plenty of viewers, hope not more than your privacy can tolerate.
Thank you very much for the kind words! Glad it was perceived well

Good vidoes, watched them but, as a gear oriented forum 'sometimes'..'bianchi'10?
Thank you, it took a lot but hope to become more efficient over time. Not following the last part about "sometimes...Bianch10" though, sorry lol. Can you elaborate on what that means?

Thanks. Never tried those rollers with the movement. Nice clear presentation. Awesome setup.
Thank you! If you dont mind riding standard rollers, riding rollers with any sort of rock or elasticity makes such a nice difference. I rode standard rollers for a while and didn't have any issues, but tried a friends E-motion rollers and it blew me away. It's just so easy!

Well done. Rollers!!!!!!!!
Many thanks!

That roller setup is really impressive. I wish I had the space for something similar.
Appreciate it! It's definitely taken time to get it to it's current state. I mentioned it above, but there are nights where I'll walk out into my garage, look around a bit, make sure my shoes are lined up to the edge of the shelf, pet my bike and tuck her in for the night and then walk back in the house lol. I love my training area :p

KonaSS
03-27-2020, 11:44 AM
Well done, especially for a first effort. 100x better than some other videos out there. :hello:

One random unsolicited suggestion - you smile and look very personable on the videos. Your photography seems like you are always going for the pensive or brooding cyclist with an attitude look. Maybe that is what your sponsors are looking for. But that Assos man look is overplayed in cycling. I personally like the smile - bike riding is fun!

bianchi10
03-27-2020, 03:59 PM
Well done, especially for a first effort. 100x better than some other videos out there. :hello:

One random unsolicited suggestion - you smile and look very personable on the videos. Your photography seems like you are always going for the pensive or brooding cyclist with an attitude look. Maybe that is what your sponsors are looking for. But that Assos man look is overplayed in cycling. I personally like the smile - bike riding is fun!

Thank you!

Good observation regarding the smile. I hate my smile. Always have, always will :D. Good feedback though, I'll try to remember that with my future shots :beer:

FlashUNC
03-27-2020, 04:04 PM
Some completely unsolicited advice:

-- Build a content calendar and stick to it. If that's twice or thrice weekly uploads, do it.

-- In that calendar, build out consistent feature segments -- Tuesday uploads are all about tech news or product reviews, Thursdays are fitness and whatever else.

Predictability is everything for an audience, and will keep you sane.

Best of luck. Being in front of the camera is hard and weird.

nobuseri
03-27-2020, 04:06 PM
Nice work. Videos are great and your presentation skills are up there as well.

bianchi10
03-28-2020, 10:58 AM
Some completely unsolicited advice:

-- Build a content calendar and stick to it. If that's twice or thrice weekly uploads, do it.

-- In that calendar, build out consistent feature segments -- Tuesday uploads are all about tech news or product reviews, Thursdays are fitness and whatever else.

Predictability is everything for an audience, and will keep you sane.

Best of luck. Being in front of the camera is hard and weird.

Thank you for the direction! I'll be doing my very best to deliver content as often as I can, while maintaining a routine. I may pick a day of the week that I post and whether its once every 3 or 6 weeks, it will be on that day. My schedule (During normal life without Covid) can be very hectic and my spare time is rarely mine. But I fully understand the importance of having content delivered to viewers on a regular routine so they can grow to expect it. Cheers!

Nice work. Videos are great and your presentation skills are up there as well.
Thank you, I certainly appreciate that! I'm hoping to get better and more efficient along the way.

Andy sti
03-28-2020, 12:02 PM
Nice job, Nick. I think Francis Cade is my favorite out there right now. I like how he doesn't pretend to be an expert but he will talk with others that are. So many other vlogs are just people spewing their opinion with no real expertise to back it up. Keep it real and keep it honest.

tuxbailey
03-28-2020, 01:12 PM
Very nice.

So... how many pair of shoes you have?

bianchi10
03-29-2020, 12:07 PM
Nice job, Nick. I think Francis Cade is my favorite out there right now. I like how he doesn't pretend to be an expert but he will talk with others that are. So many other vlogs are just people spewing their opinion with no real expertise to back it up. Keep it real and keep it honest.
Yeah I'm certainly not an expert by any means. I like Vegan Cyclist for those same reasons and will follow suit to make sure people understand that I make no claims to be the exert, but rather someone who has made mistakes and helping others prevent the same ones. Also bringing entertainment, some unboxing, rides and or whatever.

Very nice.

So... how many pair of shoes you have?
I have 7 pair of Bonts :p

mdeth1313
03-29-2020, 12:48 PM
I'm in!