PDA

View Full Version : Wow--great customer service from the new Blackburn (Action Sports)

paredown
03-26-2020, 09:19 AM
I've been using an old Blackburn TrackPump1 since forever (long enough that I can't remember where or when I got it!).

It has started to leak--so last year I picked up a new valve connection hose. This year it was worse--took it apart this morning and found that the o-ring that seals the metal barrel to the base had disintegrated.

This is the email I just received--same day I inquired if they had a seal kit available:

Hi,

Unfortuantely, we do not. What is the shipping address and we can replace the pump under the lifetime warranty?

Thanks,

Chad Brennan

Consumer Services Representative / Action Sports / Outdoor Products

Bell+Giro

Tel: 800-456-2355

Pretty cool!

fmradio516
03-26-2020, 09:35 AM
always good to hear that. maybe i should upgrade. My Specialized Air Tool Comp needs a new head every 1-1.5 years. Its only 10 bucks so not a big deal but its more annoying than anything else. Its also clearly a flawed design/material, so not sure why theyre just not fixing it for good.

Jaybee
03-26-2020, 09:53 AM
They did the same for me when a frame pump died after a decade plus of use. I just wanted a new seal/washer kit, they didn't have it so they sent me a whole new pump.

I'm happy with almost every Blackburn product I've had. They are one of the good ones.

rwsaunders
03-26-2020, 09:54 AM
+1...similar experience.

MagicHour
03-26-2020, 10:03 AM
I've had similar, excellent aftermarket support from Giro for helmet spares etc.