PDA

View Full Version : Groupset pricing help

Dromen
03-22-2020, 07:52 AM
Want to move my current gravel groupset to a friend with limited funds(and mechanical braking). Can't really get a handle on a "really fair for him" price for the following. Cosmetically not so great as lots of miles on gravel roads will tend to do but well maintained and in proper working order.

Ultegra 6800:
50/34 Crankset + 46/30 Oval chain rings
Front Derailleur
Rear Derailleur

Shifters/Brakes:
RS685 Hydro shifter/brakes
RS785 Post-mount calipers

Stages gen2 NDS crank arm

R3awak3n
03-22-2020, 07:55 AM
Without actually seeing condition (you say used but how bad is it really) I would say probably like $450 with the stages but its your buddy so take some money off that if you would like.

AngryScientist
03-22-2020, 08:21 AM
the 6800 stuff is a generation old now, and you say it has a lot of miles and is in rough shape.

the buddy price is 200. 150 if he doesnt need/want the power meter.

ultraman6970
03-22-2020, 08:46 AM
Pandemic is making everybody to have fun checking up boxes of stuff and putting a lot of stuff in the market that wouldnt, another issue... people needs money to pay bills... consequence? prices going lower.

Saw a couple of sellers at ebay i had got stuff from them and that i knew they had stock around that never been offered for years, listing stuff and for fairly numbers.

madsciencenow
03-22-2020, 10:53 AM
Pandemic is making everybody to have fun checking up boxes of stuff and putting a lot of stuff in the market that wouldnt, another issue... people needs money to pay bills... consequence? prices going lower.

Saw a couple of sellers at ebay i had got stuff from them and that i knew they had stock around that never been offered for years, listing stuff and for fairly numbers.

This is something I believe we will see more and more of.

I think price with PM might be closer to $300 given that you’ve got the hydro brakes. With mech brakes I’d say closer to Angry’s price. This said, condition is key to really being able to accurately price this, as has been stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clean39T
03-22-2020, 11:09 AM
You're also asking the wrong crowd here. Most stuff here is already 50+% off MSRP, and then discounted further based on condition..

ultraman6970
03-22-2020, 03:25 PM
Clean is implying that we are cheap... and he is darn right! hahahahaha :D