PDA

View Full Version : Whoop Fitness Tracker Feedback

simpsonn
03-14-2020, 09:33 AM
I'm considering getting one and just curious for the current users of this, what are your thoughts on it? Is it worth the monthly subscription and helpful with training?

It's a little annoying I can't just buy one outright versus paying monthly for it but kudos to them on the business plan.

R3awak3n
03-14-2020, 10:27 AM
I'm considering getting one and just curious for the current users of this, what are your thoughts on it? Is it worth the monthly subscription and helpful with training?

It's a little annoying I can't just buy one outright versus paying monthly for it but kudos to them on the business plan.

of course they want your money every month. X amount per month to tell you how well you slept and how tired you might be. I don't get it. And they must have a nice investor because they are sponsoring a TON of top athletes and instagram/youtube influencers. Not impressed.

Bentley
03-14-2020, 11:51 AM
So I’ve been using one for about 3 years. It’s better than the Apple Watch for monitoring sleep and you don’t have to start it for excercise. I use it primarily to monitor my recovery... I think it’s useful, I think you will hear a lot of folks that claim it’s not worth it, works for me. Oh, generally at Christmas you can buy a year of service for a nice discount.

LGrider
03-14-2020, 11:59 AM
I had the 2.0 version. I found it more useful for monitoring my heart rate while I slept than it's calculated recovery. The heart rate wasn't very accurate when worn on the wrist during exercise. The forearm or upper arm worked better.

Kirk007
03-14-2020, 12:19 PM
I have it and like it; find it particulalry interesting for monitoring sleep. Also tracks quite well with my Wahoo Elemnt in terms of HR and calorie calculation. They are adding more bells and whistles in terms of analytics.

joosttx
03-14-2020, 12:28 PM
I had the 2.0 version. I found it more useful for monitoring my heart rate while I slept than it's calculated recovery. The heart rate wasn't very accurate when worn on the wrist during exercise. The forearm or upper arm worked better.

Putting it on your forearm does improve the accuracy during exercise. I love mine. But in full disclosure I was an early adopter and don’t have a subscription.

RKW
03-14-2020, 01:57 PM
While not exactly what you're after, I wear an Oura ring, and it does everything my old Whoop did. I was an early adopter, and when my 2.0 died, they wanted me to switch to the subscription model, so i left.

No material difference.