PDA

View Full Version : S5 Mille vs S7 Cento

CDollarsign
03-14-2020, 07:32 AM
Thinking about adding another pair of bibs to the wardrobe. I’m a big guy and Assos S5 Mille have been great. Thinking about upgrading to the s7 Cento. Does anyone have direct comparisons?

jischr
03-14-2020, 08:13 AM
I have 2 S5 Mille that are several years old and an S7 Cento that is half as old. I loved the S5, but grab the S7 first now. They are both size large but the S7 seems to fit me better, every so slightly tighter, I like the pad better, and I think the legs are a tad shorter. That may be age on the S5's since they've been washed so much. I regret not being able to buy another S7 in large when they went on sale before the S9's came out.

9tubes
03-14-2020, 02:32 PM
Fit is going to be pretty similar but the cut is different so it's difficult to compare. For example, the S5 Mille is cut higher in front and the straps are closer together. The S7 Cento is cut lower and straps wider. The Cento straps are the new and very comfortable flat-knit (like pieces of ribbon) rather than the turned-under-and-sewn older versions. I think the S5 pad is better but there are plenty who prefer the S7.

Note the cut of the front seams of the S7 Cento. Those diagonal seams and the extra room Assos puts in the front will make you look like you're wearing a codpiece. If you're going to roll out from your house for a ride by yourself that may work fine. The codpiece look may not work so well if you plan to drive to meet your fellow riders and will stand around a parking lot, or if you expect to be around non-riders off the bike like in a coffee shop. If you're the type of person who would wear a Borat-style swimsuit to the beach then the S7 Cento will be perfect for you.