PDA

View Full Version : paint matching?

drgonzo
03-10-2020, 04:50 PM
I need to touch up some paint chips on my frame and wonder if there's a way to do paint color matching? The color I need is DuPont Imron #5205 (commonly called 'Grabber Blue').

Apparently this paint was discontinued twenty years ago since it had all the methyl ethyl bad stuff in it. :eek:

Anyone have any ideas on how I could get a close color match? Thanks!

Dave
03-10-2020, 05:00 PM
Most people use model car enamel and use different blues and some white or black to lighten or darken.

Bentley
03-10-2020, 05:16 PM
Go to an auto paint shop, they can match, probably $30+ for a pint can

Ken Robb
03-10-2020, 05:29 PM
Testor's Model paint and many brands of nail polish are available in so many shades that I have always been able to find a close match for my bikes. More good news is they come with built-in brushes and have a consistency appropriate for brushing on.

drgonzo
03-10-2020, 05:55 PM
Testor's Model paint and many brands of nail polish are available in so many shades that I have always been able to find a close match for my bikes. More good news is they come with built-in brushes and have a consistency appropriate for brushing on.

Now I feel stupid, a quick check on testor's site and I found Grabber Blue! Gonna order and hopefully it's close enough. Thanks!! :banana: