Anyone riding a Alchemy Chiron?

It's on my short list for a new bike.

https://alchemybicycles.com/product/chiron-carbon/#forceetapaxsroad

dbnm
03-12-2020, 03:33 PM
no one?

nmrt
03-12-2020, 04:35 PM
I have not ridden one. But it was one of the bikes that I had initially considered. I did not get it because I felt the price was far too much for a non custom frame with non butted tubes, i.e., not much bang for my buck.

i can have Brad Bingham, for $200 more, make me a custom bike with tube diameters and widths for my weight, and geometry custom for me. And there are so many other reputable builders (DeSalvo comes to mind) that will do the same.

so, alchemy, while local to me just did not do it for me at their pricepoint.
i am pretty sure that the bikes ride great. and if i am honest with myself, i doubt i can tell the difference in ride quality between an alchemy, bingham, and desalvo. but it sure would feel nice to spend the money and get a bike that is made for you geometry and tubes all.

EDIT: actually, DeSalvo and Bingham are both CHEAPER than the alchemy chiron! :-)

dpdan93
03-12-2020, 07:13 PM
I'll also pass on PF30

hokoman
03-12-2020, 07:59 PM
I bought an Alchemy (not this one, but a Ti frameset) for my wife. Workmanship is great, and I like the finish a lot... As good as my Moots and Mosaic in terms of finish and details.

Malinois
03-12-2020, 08:07 PM
I'll also pass on BB30

These are built with english threaded bb shells.

dbnm
03-12-2020, 08:22 PM
I could not find any pricing on the Bingham site.

I have not ridden one. But it was one of the bikes that I had initially considered. I did not get it because I felt the price was far too much for a non custom frame with non butted tubes, i.e., not much bang for my buck.

i can have Brad Bingham, for $200 more, make me a custom bike with tube diameters and widths for my weight, and geometry custom for me. And there are so many other reputable builders (DeSalvo comes to mind) that will do the same.

so, alchemy, while local to me just did not do it for me at their pricepoint.
i am pretty sure that the bikes ride great. and if i am honest with myself, i doubt i can tell the difference in ride quality between an alchemy, bingham, and desalvo. but it sure would feel nice to spend the money and get a bike that is made for you geometry and tubes all.

EDIT: actually, DeSalvo and Bingham are both CHEAPER than the alchemy chiron! :-)

ERK55
03-13-2020, 01:14 AM
Not listed on the website.
I think you have to request an estimate.

dpdan93
03-13-2020, 04:22 AM
These are built with english threaded bb shells.

Where did I read all their bikes are pf30? Good news then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overshot
03-13-2020, 04:39 AM
Not listed on the website.
I think you have to request an estimate.

Correct, Contact Brad or Hannah and they will chat with you about what you are looking for. They are both super laid back, and extremely knowledgeable. He drew up a frame with full specs before I even gave a deposit on it.
Look forward to getting mine in a few more weeks!

dbnm
03-17-2020, 09:22 PM
Just in case anyone is thinking about an Alchemy bike