PDA

View Full Version : Bike Builder Websites

dbnm
03-08-2020, 07:51 PM
I am shopping for a new (Ti) bike and I am shocked just had bad some of the builder websites are. Lack of pricing, lack of geo charts, lack of bike models.

I don't understand this sales tactic.

Can someone explain?

Andy sti
03-08-2020, 07:55 PM
Is this from a custom builder? Many custom builders build bikes for their customers not necessarily bikes that fit in a category. Many builders also want you to contact them to begin a discussion on a frame and that's where you can find out prices.

madsciencenow
03-08-2020, 08:00 PM
Engage the builder. The builder needs to be a fit. I get that you might have a budget but how they respond, or don’t, will give you clues to if they are a fit for you.

Also, keep in mind that many of these builders are flying solo so spending tons of time on a web presence may not be their first priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d_douglas
03-08-2020, 10:13 PM
Engage the builder. The builder needs to be a fit. I get that you might have a budget but how they respond, or don’t, will give you clues to if they are a fit for you.

Also, keep in mind that many of these builders are flying solo so spending tons of time on a web presence may not be their first priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve Potts has a pretty non descript website, but he is quick to respond and super thorough in his reply. Small builders want to hear what you want before they say what it will cost and look like.

I still have Potts as a finalist in my dream bike category, and partially it’s due to his lack of ‘slickness’ :)

FlashUNC
03-08-2020, 10:28 PM
Phone call, email. Does wonders.

nmrt
03-08-2020, 10:32 PM
Some have no geo charts because all they make is custom.
Blacksheep, Bingham Built, Potts, Firefly come to mind.

Yes, some do not have prices. And I would like to see prices. But as many said, if you like the builder, just send an email. Maybe you will find that you, after all, want them to build you bike.

Waldo62
03-09-2020, 11:55 AM
Phone call, email. Does wonders.

What, direct communication? Are you nuts ...........?