PDA

View Full Version : Who has a TRP Hylex/Di2 switch setup?

robt57
03-08-2020, 12:09 PM
Already searched and wasn't able to get what I was looking for.

Mainly, if you do both sides, being the climber switch has one big and one smaller button, right? So this means one side will have the bigger button closer and visa versa. Does this cause and ergo kefuffle in use?

And the wire for the climber will exit one forward one backward, right? Is there a channel or something in the kit parts to route the cable around on the side [left?] which the cable exits forward?

Thanks in advance.

one60
03-08-2020, 01:07 PM
I am a week away from setting up the Hylex RS with the remote satellite shifters (SW-R9150) rather than the climbing switch. The satellite shifters tuck in right behind hoods. 1X with clutched Ultegra RD...left side shifts up, right side shifts down.

one60
03-08-2020, 01:11 PM
to better answer your question, the e-tubes software (only available on Windows system) will allow you to program the buttons as you wish. Update to the latest firmware then you can program them to your liking.

echappist
03-08-2020, 01:28 PM
I am a week away from setting up the Hylex RS with the remote satellite shifters (SW-R9150) rather than the climbing switch. The satellite shifters tuck in right behind hoods. 1X with clutched Ultegra RD...left side shifts up, right side shifts down.

Do you have rough dimensions of each of those switches? They don't appear to be noticeably larger than the Di2 sprinter switches (SW-R610)

Thinking of mounting the SW-R9150 onto bullhorns of my TT bike, and hoping that they aren't too bulky

robt57
03-08-2020, 02:06 PM
I did the sprinters on a now sold bike/setup. I can take or leave them. Not to mention if you have the shifters with the 3 port you need for them, can make a nice DIY harness for a lot less and way more shifting points. Which the replacement bike has in spades. 6 button DIY harness on that one of my own creation [hacking].

So targeting the hylex being I have a set on a bike with barcons already, and have a complete second set laying about with the right line lengths and all bled already. Not to mention the requisite Swiss stop green organic pads which improve them even more IMO.

one60
03-08-2020, 02:22 PM
Do you have rough dimensions of each of those switches? They don't appear to be noticeably larger than the Di2 sprinter switches (SW-R610)

Thinking of mounting the SW-R9150 onto bullhorns of my TT bike, and hoping that they aren't too bulky

The satellite shifters are about 20mm in diameter which is same size as a penny. Depending on where you want the button, the time trial shifters might be an simpler solution? The mount at the end of the bullhorns.

Be aware the sprint shifters can't be used independently, they require being plugged into a di2 Brifter (AFAIK)

echappist
03-08-2020, 08:15 PM
Understood. Thanks for looking into this.

And you are indeed right re: the sprinter switches (SW-R610), which have to be plugged into a Di2 STI shifter (6870, 8050, 9070, or 9150). However, I think the SW-R9150 (technically called "climbing switch" but behaves like sprinter switches) may be directly plugged into a junction box.

Reason why I'm going this route (over, say, getting the dedicated Di2 bullhorn shifters) is due to preference for a smaller form factor (if possible).

one60
03-08-2020, 11:03 PM
odd, it seems both names are used for SW-9150...nonetheless that model switch can be operated by plugging into a junction box (as you noted). They are etubes programmable, so in theory you could mount as many as you like and assign them any function you choose. They do have a nice form factor and can be easily hidden. Unlike Sram Blips it can be covered with bar tape. The button needs to be exposed so it can return to its original position after being depressed.

BTW, the junction B box is quite small and fits into a handlebar. I am using a junction B along with the handlebar mounted junction A to connect my switches for 1x

Understood. Thanks for looking into this.

And you are indeed right re: the sprinter switches (SW-R610), which have to be plugged into a Di2 STI shifter (6870, 8050, 9070, or 9150). However, I think the SW-R9150 (technically called "climbing switch" but behaves like sprinter switches) may be directly plugged into a junction box.

Reason why I'm going this route (over, say, getting the dedicated Di2 bullhorn shifters) is due to preference for a smaller form factor (if possible).