PDA

View Full Version : Williams 660 Rear Hub Cassette Body Replacement Options?

BRad704
03-06-2020, 05:38 PM
I've got a good friend looking to replace the cassette body on his Williams wheels. The hubs are branded as Williams 660, but we can't find any good info about replacement or compatible parts.

Are the Williams hubs actually made by someone else and just rebranded?

Essentially he'd hoping to find a hardened steel cassette body because the soft aluminum version gets eaten up.

semdoug
03-06-2020, 06:30 PM
I was going to suggest checking the Williams Cycling website but it appears to be down or gone and wonder if they are out of business. I have a set of their carbon wheels and replaced the freehub body about three years ago. If you can find a freehub body it is a simple five minute job.

BRad704
03-06-2020, 07:06 PM
I was going to suggest checking the Williams Cycling website but it appears to be down or gone and wonder if they are out of business. I have a set of their carbon wheels and replaced the freehub body about three years ago. If you can find a freehub body it is a simple five minute job.

Yep, they've gone out of business. And he says he's replaced this one already about 3 times in 20k miles. Just having trouble tracking down another replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mass_biker
03-06-2020, 07:12 PM
Got a pair that I no longer use nor need - does he want a full wheeset?

BRad704
03-06-2020, 07:27 PM
Got a pair that I no longer use nor need - does he want a full wheeset?

Checking with him now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

casparwhittey
03-06-2020, 09:08 PM
I'm in the same boat on the freehub, I'm just rebuilding it with a DT240 most likely. Surprised by the business going under.

semdoug
03-07-2020, 05:31 AM
I eventually did the same but with DT350. I wound up having a separate issue with the rear hub that required replacement.