PDA

View Full Version : moscon DQ...it didn't look that bad to me

wallymann
03-02-2020, 12:43 PM
media make it sound like he heaved the the bike into the next county.

looks pretty tame to me.

granted he has a history of being a class-a arsehole...so maybe justified based on his body of work.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9OpMkQlvCA/?igshid=uzc72o131zim

fa63
03-02-2020, 12:47 PM
I had a similar thought. I am also not sure he was intending to hit the other rider with the bike; it just seemed like he was caught up in his anger while trying to separate his bike from the others.

That said, he clearly has anger issues that he has to learn to manage.

Matthew
03-02-2020, 01:04 PM
Guessing it's a culmination of his prior antics. Seems like a grade a douchebag.

FlashUNC
03-02-2020, 01:08 PM
Jens Debusschere says the bike would have hit him in the face, was thrown directly at him, and wasn't even his bike. Even DS Gabby Rasch afterwards said he deserved the penalty from race officials. The guy hasn't even apologized for it yet.

Moscon is a world-class asshole.

weaponsgrade
03-02-2020, 01:26 PM
Cyclingnews also reported that Debusschere got cut with the chainring from the thrown bike.

Robot870
03-02-2020, 01:37 PM
Cry baby drama queen!

cash05458
03-02-2020, 01:38 PM
yeah, it cut his wrist on the chainring...silly stuff...get rid of the dude...send him back to the minors...enough of his clown stuff...sky or whatever said one more time about two years ago and just constant...end of story...dude is pack fodder anyhow via winning actual races...oh yeah, he won the tour of the artic 4 years ago ...right...

Buzz
03-02-2020, 01:43 PM
The rider he hit is walking up to him immediately afterwards with that look of *** are you doing?

nooneline
03-02-2020, 01:48 PM
yeah, it cut his wrist on the chainring...silly stuff...get rid of the dude...send him back to the minors...enough of his clown stuff...sky or whatever said one more time about two years ago and just constant...end of story...dude is pack fodder anyhow via winning actual races...oh yeah, he won the tour of the artic 4 years ago ...right...

he's actually not pack fodder. he doesn't have great palmares yet because he's largely put to domestique work, but back to back top 5s in the world champs and some big results elsewhere speak volumes. in fact, his talent and potential are likely the reason that Ineos isn't willing to do more than give him the occasional smack on the wrist when he's clearly a liability.

cash05458
03-02-2020, 01:58 PM
[QUOTE=nooneline;2666763]he's actually not pack fodder. he doesn't have great palmares yet because he's largely put to domestique work, but back to back top 5s in the world champs and some big results elsewhere speak volumes. in fact, his talent and potential are likely the reason that Ineos isn't willing to do more than give him the occasional smack on the wrist when he's clearly a liability.

sure sure...but hey, at least ineos got a tiny bit of publicity and talk after doing absolutely nothing in first two races of the classic season...one guy(swift at 8) in top 50 of Kuurne and one guy in top 50 of Neiuwsblad...(swift again, at 38th)...so they got some press with this anyhow...

Clancy
03-02-2020, 02:03 PM
Today people speak of Mark Cavendish as a true professional, a gentleman, a “lovely fellow” and rightly so as these days he certainly is, but when he rode for T-Mobile he had a far different reputation. Ineos, I’m sure, were hoping Moscon would also mature as his talent is without question. To come in 4th in last year’s Worlds under epic - legendary already - conditions speaks to his tremendous potential. Truly a shame as he obviously has some serious character flaws.

As far as the bike throw, yes it looked bad as it was bad.

I have no strong opinion as to what should be done with him from here out but regardless, if and when he returns to the peloton I’m sure he’ll continue to pay by the other riders, not in terms of payback but rather just not given the curtesy (or room) that the professionals extend to each other. Far too small of a family.

redir
03-02-2020, 02:37 PM
Probably not intentional but it did look like he hit the guy right in the face. Tearing up the numbers is real classy to. Well deserved DQ imho.

Masher
03-02-2020, 02:59 PM
Tame or not intention to hurt or not it is irrelevant.
A grown ass man threw a tantrum/hissy fit because of a crash that did not hurt him.. Just inconvenienced him.

I don't tolerate this when my kid was 5..

Moscon needs a corner time as well.

And no one will be happy when he is back.. He will just be tolerated.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk