PDA

View Full Version : OT: New Phone - pixel 4 or samsung s10

mdeth1313
02-29-2020, 07:28 PM
It's come down to these 2. I don't think I'll ever go back to an iphone.

My current phone is a pixel 2. I'm not interested in any other phones. I'm aware of the camera differences and battery life. Anything else?

saab2000
02-29-2020, 07:34 PM

My current phone is a pixel 2. I'm not interested in any other phones. I'm aware of the camera differences and battery life. Anything else?

Why are you getting a new one at all? Is the current one not working?

chunkylover53
02-29-2020, 07:58 PM
The s10e is one of the best phones I’ve used. I find it’s just about a perfect size (Goldilocks), great battery life, good screen, and has yet to crack on me (which is saying something). I really like Samsung phones, but I’m more than happy to not have the curved screen (which the 10e doesn’t have) - a bit of a gimmick, and very expensive to replace. Those are the most important things for me in a phone - the OS, other specs etc., those aren’t a deal breaker, everything is so good now.

CSKeller
02-29-2020, 09:03 PM
I bought this Pixel 2XL a couple years ago and it is perfect with no issues. It is probably the best, most durable phone I and my wife have owned. My wife is not very tech literate but she is EXTREMELY hard on personal electronics. The Pixel 2 XL has proven it's durability with her.

I see no need to drop yet another grand on a silly phone just best companies say they have an 'improved' model.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mdeth1313
02-29-2020, 09:17 PM
I bought this Pixel 2XL a couple years ago and it is perfect with no issues. It is probably the best, most durable phone I and my wife have owned. My wife is not very tech literate but she is EXTREMELY hard on personal electronics. The Pixel 2 XL has proven it's durability with her.

I see no need to drop yet another grand on a silly phone just best companies say they have an 'improved' model.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Interesting. One of the reasons I'm considering the samsung is also the main reason for upgrading. My usb C port on the pixel 2 has loosened and there's nothing like driving somewhere using Waze when the phone disconnects from android auto.

mktng
02-29-2020, 09:24 PM
Having salvaged a few phones of mine.
Most recently a Pixel XL. Cracked glass.

I'd say.

Try repairing.

The 2XL is still a phenomenal phone.
For a low cost. You can keep yours.

Just my $0.02.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Google+Pixel+2+Charging+Assembly+Replacement/103332

steveoz
02-29-2020, 11:08 PM

I've never had an I phone but was considering one this time (always had Samsung but plan is up and phone is cracked) what is it about the I phone that keeps you away?

fmradio516
03-01-2020, 05:39 AM
I was hardcore android for a while(had a Galaxy Nexus as my last one), but i the GPS seriously suffered. I could be lost in the middle of nowhere and the phone would never find a satellite or whatever. Just wouldnt start navigating. Got a replacement Galaxy for some other reason and the same thing happened with that phone..

Started traveling a lot domestically for work, so it was either, get an iphone, or lug around a separate GPS device on all my trips. I went with the iphone and never looked back.

mdeth1313
03-01-2020, 06:28 AM
I've never had an I phone but was considering one this time (always had Samsung but plan is up and phone is cracked) what is it about the I phone that keeps you away?

Having had an iphone since the day I switched over to smartphones. After years of crap battery life, things running in the background no one could ever find and an overall general annoyance (from the aforementioned), I'd had it.

tiretrax
03-01-2020, 10:57 AM
I killed many androids, including Samsung, and am using my son's old iPhone 6. Put on new glass and battery, and it works better than any phone I had. My wife told me the Samsung 10's and iPhone 8 "emit more radiation than healthy", whatever that means. So, I'm sticking with this iPhone 6 for the present time. If the Pixel 2 is still working for her, I say stay with it until it dies.