PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding carbon gravel handlebar...

nmrt
02-29-2020, 03:17 PM
I am on a quest to see if the Paceline can point me to gravel handlebars (the ones with the flared drops -- 16 deg or higher) that meet the following t criteria:

1. Carbon (need carbon to make my bike 10 - 50 g lighter).
2. The handlebar needs to have a flat top.

I can only find two -- ENVE gravel and 3T SuperGhiaia. Both are expensive! There are others I found -- Ritchey, Salsa, Easton etc. But none meet my criteria. So...anyone know of carbon gravel handlebars that fit the above two criteria and I have missed...?
Thanks! :)

R3awak3n
02-29-2020, 03:50 PM
I have the 3T supergaiaaaayaaaaaaa. Its an awesome bar, I hate flare when in the hoods (dont know how people ride like that) but I do love flare in the drops, its incredible for descending. They are pretty light bars but they are not a stiff bar, specially on the drops. To me this is a feature but might annoy others.

owly
02-29-2020, 05:18 PM
Not the lightest carbon bar out there. A bit different. https://www.controltechbikes.com/products/item/176.html

cuda
02-29-2020, 05:20 PM
never mind. - missed the flat top bit.

sparky33
02-29-2020, 06:57 PM
The Lauf Smoothie bar is some kind of carbon composite. It’s light and expensive. What I like best about it is the shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chunkylover53
02-29-2020, 08:03 PM
There is the FSA AGX gravel bar - I like the looks of it, and have read very good reviews. I just went through a similar decision. I went with the Ritchey WCS ergomax. It’s aluminum. I just couldn’t justify the cost. I switched from aluminum to carbon cowchippers on one of my bikes, and, honestly, I didn’t notice much difference at all.

Velocipede
03-01-2020, 12:14 AM
There is the FSA AGX gravel bar - I like the looks of it, and have read very good reviews.

I've put this on a couple builds. It has a very comfortable shape and looks great. I was really impressed with it when I first played with one at Philly in 2018. They are offering it in aluminum now also.

Davist
03-01-2020, 06:49 AM
You may want to look for info over at https://ridinggravel.com/

both user and some regular test reviews, has a good bit of traffic..

bigbill
03-01-2020, 07:39 AM
Aren't there better places to save 1-2 ounces on a gravel bike? Maybe with the seatpost, water bottle cages, wheels, etc? Not sure where you're riding, but my gravel bike has hit the ground a few times and I was glad I had decent alloy bars.

R3awak3n
03-01-2020, 08:23 AM
Aren't there better places to save 1-2 ounces on a gravel bike? Maybe with the seatpost, water bottle cages, wheels, etc? Not sure where you're riding, but my gravel bike has hit the ground a few times and I was glad I had decent alloy bars.

the carbon bars would have probably also been fine to be honest. Unless its a crazy crash, and you will probably not going to be ridding after it. Carbon is tough, I think people still don't understand that.

Duende
03-01-2020, 09:05 AM
Enve SES aero has a small flare and flat top

Pinned
03-01-2020, 09:45 AM
The Enve Gravel bar is very comfortable.

Hakkalugi
03-01-2020, 10:21 AM
I love my FSA AGX bars.

pfr
03-23-2020, 05:55 PM
I also have a Lauf Smoothie handlebar with Enve stem. Love both. Smoothie has just enough flare. I supposedly have a 42, but it measures over 44.