PDA

View Full Version : Dallas FT Worth fitter

nortx-Dave
02-28-2020, 02:12 PM
Hey all my Texas neighbors.......anyone know of a good bike fitter? I've found a Bicycles Inc in Hurst with a Serotta Size Cycle......but no one else.

Thanks!

jlwdm
02-28-2020, 07:30 PM
One in Roanoke, TX: http://www.dynamicbikefit.com/

I would check what Richardson Bike Mart has to offer also at the Richardson location.

Jeff

floxy1
02-28-2020, 07:34 PM
Ben Williams. PM me and I’ll give you contact info.

Cbh
02-28-2020, 09:51 PM
I've not use them but have heard lots of people recommend Craig Faulk/Dynamic Bike Fit. I have used Mike Gacki at Bicycles Plus in Coppell. Pretty good results but I think it's less expensive and intensive compared to Dynamic Bike Fit

RedRider
02-29-2020, 06:33 AM
Tad Hughes in Houston. He is the best in Texas and beyond... worth the trip. As a fitter myself, I can say he is one of the few people I would go to for a bike fitting. Steven LeBoyer, Savile Road.

biker72
02-29-2020, 06:54 AM
Sean McGrady Richardson Bike Mart, Richardson, TX.

nortx-Dave
02-29-2020, 09:56 PM
Thanks for all the leads. I'm actually in the queue for a custom Chris Bishop and need basic contact points for him. I don't need seat pressure mapping or any video analysis of my position on my current bike, etc etc.

I've always felt that my Lynskey had a long-ish top tube and tall head tube. But I compensated and rode it - for the last 10 years!

I wanna get it "right" this time.

Bishop actually uses a Serotta Size Cycle in his own shop as a basis to start frame designing, thus my desire for a similar experience.

pdmtong
03-01-2020, 12:26 PM
Thanks for all the leads. I'm actually in the queue for a custom Chris Bishop and need basic contact points for him. I don't need seat pressure mapping or any video analysis of my position on my current bike, etc etc.

I've always felt that my Lynskey had a long-ish top tube and tall head tube. But I compensated and rode it - for the last 10 years!

I wanna get it "right" this time.

Bishop actually uses a Serotta Size Cycle in his own shop as a basis to start frame designing, thus my desire for a similar experience.

whatever the selected fitter tells you, mock that up and ride it for awhile (while tweaking) before chris starts cutting tubes.

IMHO the best thing a fitter can do is get your saddle height and setback dialed. you can mess with stem length and bar drop on your own

I think the real magic is having the builder put you properly on the frame...not jsut the contact points but so you have the sensation of pedaling in air, being in the bike, not being on the bike. Vanilla/Speedvagen started emphasizing putting riders properly between the wheels. I have no idea how that gets accomplished but i've experienced the result, solely becasue I can ride a stock 56.

jlwdm
03-01-2020, 07:31 PM
The Serotta Size Cycle is just a tool. Select a great fitter and let the fitter come up with your fit. It does not matter what tools the fitter uses if they are good.

Jeff