PDA

View Full Version : Shout Out to OP!

SoCal Al
02-24-2020, 04:23 PM
I just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed the forum and in particular the advice from Old Potatoe. My Campy Bora wheels were giving me fits and he was able to guide me on some ways to prevent the issues, saving me lots of down time. Most recently my SR11 shifters were starting to act up and the LBS (good shop & great Campy tech) told me they're not rebuildable, the "drop in" part was about $130 each! I kinda hemmed & hawed then figured I'd reach out to OP and ask his opinion. He said contrary to what Campy and the LBS says they are in fact rebuildable, he has all the little parts and only for $25 each shifter. Well after getting them back and riding on them all I can say is "Holy smokes!" Job well done sir!

In this day and age it seems rebuilding isn't a focus but due to OP's knowledge and great customer service (plus he always answers your questions) I'd not hesitate to recommend him and this forum.

one60
02-24-2020, 04:26 PM
had similar experience with Peter as well. He is an invaluable resource!

DCilliams
02-24-2020, 05:41 PM
That’s awesome. He’s been very patient with me. And I had some duuumb questions a few years ago.

merlinmurph
02-24-2020, 07:55 PM
A veritable encyclopedia of Campy

IJWS
02-24-2020, 10:04 PM
That’s awesome. He’s been very patient with me. And I had some duuumb questions a few years ago.

Oh man you too? I thought I was the only one!

oldpotatoe
02-25-2020, 06:41 AM

MANY thanks all..I really enjoy my foray into this forum each AM..

Particularly this AM.."NJ gas stations" and "answering a classified ad"..some funny stuff!!

AND 'Campag 'ProShop' techs who 'seem' kinda lazy...

BTW-NO dumb questions, just dumb answers(sometimes):)...

jamesdak
02-25-2020, 07:22 AM
Yep, Pete was the only one to give me the proper advice of fixing an old set Of Campagnolo DT shifters after I had been trying to fix a ghost shifting problem for around a year. He's THE MAN! :banana:

The Lemond thanks him too!

https://pbase.com/jhuddle/image/166138354.jpg

Tony
02-25-2020, 09:03 AM
Helped me out many times here, directly, indirectly. Some questions I'm just waiting for him to respond like a Carbon Ti hub question I had before purchasing. OP responded "they 'seem' really nice" Green light! Was on the phone placing my order minutes after :)

Lewis Moon
02-25-2020, 10:46 AM
https://www.monasteryicons.com/images/popup/st-peter-icon-752.jpg

cgolvin
02-25-2020, 10:49 AM
+100. I continue to pepper OP with ignoramus questions and he's always gracious.
A Paceline treasure, no doubt.
Thanks Peter.