PDA

View Full Version : Oakley Prizm Lens - what do you like?

buddybikes
02-14-2020, 10:58 AM
Need new script, currently have road prizm. Trying to decide if trail is good, also use them for driving or something entirely different. Do prefer more natural, not browns

pdmtong
02-14-2020, 11:51 AM
Need new script, currently have road prizm. Trying to decide if trail is good, also use them for driving or something entirely different. Do prefer more natural, not browns

I did not care for the road prizm. Some folks prefer the trail prizm (over the road prizm) for road use. YMMV

veloduffer
02-14-2020, 12:14 PM
I like the Road Prizm as I can see potholes in the shadows. I think the Trail may be even brighter.

When I drive, I like brown/bronze lens (I have Maui Jims) as they aren’t too dark for cloudy days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

parris
02-14-2020, 12:39 PM
I just went with the dark golf prizm lens after reading reviews and trying on several prizm lens tints. I found the color shift not extreme and am/will be using them for driving, cycling, instructing on the range. Don't let the tint name throw you. It has a rose/brown tint to look through and I think a 20% vlt.

chiasticon
02-14-2020, 01:11 PM
it's gray here. so I use the trail ones a lot. road are great in the summer though. trail are super awesome if you MTB or CX. also in the fall they make the leaves absolutely gorgeous.

Onion
02-14-2020, 01:49 PM
i have the road, sapphire and low light. the low light ones are perfect for morning and evening commutes this time of year or even for shady trail riding. sapphires are my favorite for bright road days.

buddybikes
02-14-2020, 01:57 PM
i have the road, sapphire and low light. the low light ones are perfect for morning and evening commutes this time of year or even for shady trail riding. sapphires are my favorite for bright road days.

Boy do I wish, script spectacles 600+ a pop

Onion
02-14-2020, 02:28 PM
Boy do I wish, script spectacles 600+ a pop

my bad. i did not take in the first phrase of your post, continuing the institutional dominance of non-prescription sunglass wearers. for an all-rounder, local stoke searcher and adventurer chas christensen has recommended the prizm golf to me. so +1 for those.

parris
02-14-2020, 04:29 PM
Onion the next pair of prizm rx lenses I plan to get is that low light lens. If they were available I wouldve ordered them already. Hopefully Oakley brings them out in rx lenses.

robertbb
02-14-2020, 06:26 PM
Two lenses:

Prizm Daily Polarized for bright and sunny days
Prizm Trail for overcast and "darker" days

OtayBW
02-15-2020, 09:19 AM
I'm a big fan of the Prism Black for daily conditions. The other Prizms for me are colorized more than I like.

chiasticon
02-17-2020, 10:03 AM
Boy do I wish, script spectacles 600+ a popwith frames or lens-only? last time I bought lens-only (Oakley Racing Jacket/Jawbone) it was closer to half of that.