PDA

View Full Version : Dallas bike shop recs?

roguedog
02-12-2020, 09:03 AM
Hey PL, what are some good bike shops in the Dallas area for repair and builds?

Preferably closer to the Plano -- McKinney area but willing to drive to a good, trustworthy quality mechanic who isn't totally unfamiliar with Campy.

Thanks!

oldpotatoe
02-12-2020, 09:50 AM
Hey PL, what are some good bike shops in the Dallas area for repair and builds?

Preferably closer to the Plano -- McKinney area but willing to drive to a good, trustworthy quality mechanic who isn't totally unfamiliar with Campy.

Thanks!

Richardson Bike Mart..all 3 around Dallas Campagnolo "ProShops"...no first hand knowledge tho...I escaped Texas in 1973....:)

biker72
02-12-2020, 09:55 AM
Richardson Bike Mart now with 4 locations. Dallas, Richardson, Frisco and Mckinney. Slightly biased because I work there. Go to bikemart.com for locations and directions.

jmeloy
02-12-2020, 11:11 AM
Richardson Bike Mart..all 3 around Dallas Campagnolo "ProShops"...no first hand knowledge tho...I escaped Texas in 1973....:)

RBM is a fantastic shop, great folks, great service.

joosttx
02-12-2020, 11:14 AM
My parents bought my first bike at RBM in 1977.

roguedog
02-12-2020, 11:18 PM
Wow. Cool! Thanks all. I was a bit leery of Richardson since it looked more like a chain. But coolio, will go there!

Thank you, thank you.

Jef58
02-13-2020, 05:02 AM
When I lived there a number of years ago, I purchased replacement Campy parts there. Little things like shifter rebuilds, G springs, etc were in stock. At that time they had used groups and wheels for sale from customers that upgraded too the newest.

Cbh
02-13-2020, 08:09 PM
Not sure what exactly you are looking for, but for service I highly recommend Lantini's in Plano for service. Just two really good mechanics and that's about it. Not really a bike shop but the do have accessories. They've built my Colnago c64 and Parlee.

Nothing wrong with RBM, but Mad Duck would be my top full service shops in the Dallas area, but not super close to Plano. Mad Duck is a pretty high volume Moots and Yeti dealer and they are really nice people too.

floxy1
02-13-2020, 08:27 PM
Latinis is hands down best service in Dallas. Guys used to run RBM service and went on their own. All they do is service.