PDA

View Full Version : Moots Psychlo-x ybb?

bthomas515
02-10-2020, 08:38 PM
Looking around for a bike I can do some gravel and packed dirt riding on. Stumbled upon a psychlo x ybb disc that will fit really well but can’t find many reviews at all.

Anyone here have any experience with them? I’m a little cautious over if one work well for gravel or does it have significant flex from the ybb?

Thanks for any help

Steve in SLO
02-10-2020, 08:49 PM
They have been a cult classic in the mountain bike genre for years. I have two and really enjoy them. They take the edge off of big hits, yet climb well with a minimum of tail bob. I would imagine on gravel roads it would be a really nice thing to flatten out the bumps/wash boards with. If you don’t like the flex, you could always lock it out.

Ken Robb
02-10-2020, 09:21 PM
I loved my YBB Strada Bianca on paved and gravel roads. No downside for me.

Gummee
02-10-2020, 09:46 PM
Looking around for a bike I can do some gravel and packed dirt riding on. Stumbled upon a psychlo x ybb disc that will fit really well but can’t find many reviews at all.

Anyone here have any experience with them? I’m a little cautious over if one work well for gravel or does it have significant flex from the ybb?

Thanks for any help

Ridge over on ADVRider in the Bicycle Thread would know. He's got one and rides it lots.

M

happycampyer
02-10-2020, 09:51 PM
I picked up a vintage one that is about as obsolete as they get—post-mount discs and cant studs, 130mm rear spacing, routing for mechanical disc only, 1.125" steerer....

The bike is fantastic. I rode it twice for D2R2, and the YBB is great to have. I have an old YBB 26er, so I am accustomed to the way the YBB elastomer behaves. I would love to get a Routt YBB disc.

bthomas515
02-10-2020, 10:02 PM
Yeah. This one is pretty vintage. 2012-2013. I really wanted a Routt but realize it’s highly unlikely with my budgeting and bike rotation.

Also, never ventured into advrider before. Thanks!

ORMojo
02-10-2020, 11:38 PM
Based on my years of experience with my two YBB bikes, I have no hesitation at all recommending that you go for it!

oldpotatoe
02-11-2020, 06:31 AM

Thanks for any help

Sold bunches of them along with Vamoots YBB..Works really well to 'take the edge off'...Not magic tho, fat tires and less air helps too. 2 different spring strengths you can install. NO 'significant' flex..and you can lock it out. GREAT frame.