PDA

View Full Version : Lance's Aspen mansion on the market for $14.5 million

fiamme red
02-09-2020, 10:04 PM
https://www.realtor.com/news/celebrity-real-estate/lance-armstrong-selling-aspen-family-retreat/

A 2019 Architectural Digest video on the house: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY1UnR7z7P0.

Louis
02-09-2020, 10:32 PM
I think the Paceline Forum members need to put a few nickles together and make an offer. Would be a nice place for us to spend some quality time together (and discuss the good, the bad and the ugly TDF "winners").

azrider
02-09-2020, 10:32 PM
this'll get 4 pages by lunch tomorrow easy.........

Sweet digs tho ;)

Velocipede
02-09-2020, 10:34 PM
Add a few million and you can get Greg LeMond's house in Medina Minnesota too!

https://www.edinarealty.com/homes-for-sale/3000-willow-drive-medina-mn-55340-5000650

Blue Jays
02-09-2020, 10:37 PM
Pleasant house. I was expecting more in the way of a dedicated bicycle storage room and attached shop.
The underground part probably is very comfortable for sleeping given no sunlight, little outdoor sound, and uniform temperature.

tomato coupe
02-09-2020, 10:42 PM

$2,500 per sq ft in Aspen, $400 per sq ft in Medina.

fiamme red
02-09-2020, 10:42 PM
Anyone here going on Lance's bike tour in Mallorca? It's only $6,000 a day. :)

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/it-will-cost-you-dollar30000-to-ride-with-lance-armstrong-for-a-week/

Louis
02-09-2020, 10:44 PM
Anyone here going on Lance's bike tour in Mallorca? It's only $6,000 a day. :)

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/it-will-cost-you-dollar30000-to-ride-with-lance-armstrong-for-a-week/

Can any of that go toward the down payment on the Aspen cottage? If so, I'm in.

rwsaunders
02-09-2020, 10:45 PM
Greg’s home looks like a good deal and it looks like he’s moved. Louis, make an offer after you buy LA’s place.

fiamme red
02-09-2020, 10:53 PM

https://www.edinarealty.com/homes-for-sale/3000-willow-drive-medina-mn-55340-5000650Greg LeMond's house was listed in September 2017 for $5 million, and now it's listed at $4.5 million. I don't see it selling any time soon unless the price drops drastically.

Velocipede
02-09-2020, 10:55 PM
Greg’s home looks like a good deal and it looks like he’s moved. Louis, make an offer after you buy LA’s place.

It's a gorgeous house. Huge with like 30 acres? around it. It's on a really quiet road, so tons of riding in the country with rolling hills and some pretty steep ones as well. Plus you could do a mountain trail around the property. It's not horribly far from Downtown MPLS also. He and Kathy have been gone for some time now. They live outside of Oak Ridge Tennessee.

Velocipede
02-09-2020, 10:58 PM
Greg LeMond's house was listed in September 2017 for $5 million, and now it's listed at $4.5 million. I don't see it selling any time soon unless the price drops drastically.

I agree, it's priced high. But I know how much he bought it for so he will absolutely make out on it. It's a beautiful house though.

Hakkalugi
02-09-2020, 11:46 PM
$2,500 per sq ft in Aspen, $400 per sq ft in Medina.

I worked on an Aspen house that’s $9700/ft, so this is a steal.

mcteague
02-10-2020, 07:38 AM

https://www.edinarealty.com/homes-for-sale/3000-willow-drive-medina-mn-55340-5000650

Single family....10 baths! :eek: Must be Mormons.;)

3000 Willow Drive Medina, MN 55340

For Sale MLS# 5000650

6 beds 10 baths 11,550 sq ft Single Family

Tim

cash05458
02-10-2020, 11:05 AM
Have to sorta chuckle at Lance collecting modern art and his buys...or whomever is his art investor person and told him to buy anyhow...I mean, I get he comes from Plano...but man oh man...you can't buy taste is the old cliche...but...well, let's just say it this way: Lance ain't winning any yellow jersey's via his aesthetic judgement...classic video tho...modern art and fridges and "suited for the apocalypse"...f-ing cool!

Velocipede
02-10-2020, 11:19 AM
Single family....10 baths! :eek: Must be Mormons.;)

3000 Willow Drive Medina, MN 55340

For Sale MLS# 5000650

6 beds 10 baths 11,550 sq ft Single Family

Tim

The house is huge. It has bathrooms everywhere. The garage is super nice too. Plenty of room for bikes.

ftf
02-10-2020, 11:40 AM

Do I have to live in Minnesota though? I think that's a deal breaker.

torquer
02-10-2020, 12:37 PM
I think the Paceline Forum members need to put a few nickles together and make an offer. Would be a nice place for us to spend some quality time together (and discuss the good, the bad and the ugly TDF "winners").
Yeah, but for $6 million less, we could snap up Lori Loughlin's place (I guess she needs to sell to make bail) and stock it with a fleet of F12s. Avoid that whole Bikeflights bother.
https://www.realtor.com/news/celebrity-real-estate/designer-mossimo-giannulli-lists-artful-aspen-home/

Ozz
02-10-2020, 01:38 PM
Do I have to live in Minnesota though? I think that's a deal breaker.

It is sitting on 40 acres though....that is kind of nice.

I had no idea the property taxes in MN were so high!! $50,000+?

MattTuck
02-10-2020, 02:00 PM
Have to sorta chuckle at Lance collecting modern art and his buys...or whomever is his art investor person and told him to buy anyhow...I mean, I get he comes from Plano...but man oh man...you can't buy taste is the old cliche...but...well, let's just say it this way: Lance ain't winning any yellow jersey's via his aesthetic judgement...classic video tho...modern art and fridges and "suited for the apocalypse"...f-ing cool!

I dunno, man. A lot of those pieces could fit in a suit case. Good for if you ever have to get out of dodge real quick.

To be rich :)

tomato coupe
02-10-2020, 02:10 PM
I think he bought some pretty nice pieces. But, some people prefer "Dogs Playing Poker." Nothing wrong with that.

cash05458
02-10-2020, 02:36 PM
I think he bought some pretty nice pieces. But, some people prefer "Dogs Playing Poker." Nothing wrong with that.

yeah, he is beyond dogs playing poker for sure...if that's your standard...you bet...:banana: If you think those are nice pieces...well, call me when you come into some cash and I can sort you out via art...

EricChanning
02-10-2020, 03:02 PM
yeah, he is beyond dogs playing poker for sure...if that's your standard...you bet...:banana: If you think those are nice pieces...well, call me when you come into some cash and I can sort you out via art...

C'mon man. You're acting like the resident master art curator with some certified superior art appreciation skill set.

cash05458
02-10-2020, 03:11 PM
C'mon man. You're acting like the resident master art curator with some certified superior art appreciation skill set.

to be honest ...here in this setting...yeah that is very true...not sure why anyone gets their dick hurt about lance's art buys tho to be honest...it was just a comment after all...

tomato coupe
02-10-2020, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the generous offer, but my wife spent $24k on a painting last week, so probably won’t buy anything in the immediate future.

EricChanning
02-10-2020, 04:16 PM
to be honest ...here in this setting...yeah that is very true...not sure why anyone gets their dick hurt about lance's art buys tho to be honest...it was just a comment after all...

Now if you had said the AD video of the Brazilian farm home of Lenny Kravitz shows better millionaire taste, I would not have called you out.

cash05458
02-10-2020, 04:21 PM
Now if you had said the AD video of the Brazilian farm home of Lenny Kravitz shows better millionaire taste, I would not have called you out.

you got it kiddo...by all means man if you have the cash, pick **** up...do it...

rwsaunders
02-10-2020, 04:42 PM
Yeah, but for $6 million less, we could snap up Lori Loughlin's place (I guess she needs to sell to make bail) and stock it with a fleet of F12s. Avoid that whole Bikeflights bother.
https://www.realtor.com/news/celebrity-real-estate/designer-mossimo-giannulli-lists-artful-aspen-home/

The Hallmark Channel hasn’t been the same without her...

Velocipede
02-10-2020, 05:12 PM
It is sitting on 40 acres though....that is kind of nice.

I had no idea the property taxes in MN were so high!! $50,000+?

It's super isolated off the road. You can't see it at all. The property is really nice. If you had horses or wanted to make a gravel, cyclocross or mountain bike trail, plenty of room for that. I didn't know they were that high. I never checked into it. But it's almost 40 acres and 11,000 square feet. So not overly surprising.

johnniecakes
02-10-2020, 05:45 PM
The Hallmark Channel hasn’t been the same without her...

Hallmark channel? Turn in your man card:hello:

dsimon
02-10-2020, 06:01 PM
Back to the original Lance selling house any thoughts on why is he broke. empty Nester down sizing???

MattTuck
02-10-2020, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the generous offer, but my wife spent $24k on a painting last week, so probably won’t buy anything in the immediate future.

I'm curious what $24K buys these days. Is that a lot for a painting? I honestly have no idea.

MattTuck
02-10-2020, 06:43 PM
Back to the original Lance selling house any thoughts on why is he broke. empty Nester down sizing???

I heard a rumor he is going to play for the cowboys ;)

No seriously, he's probably just moving on to other things. Isn't he a big time owner in Uber? I'd think if anything, maybe he's getting a bigger house!

That is, if he likes Aspen. He mentioned in that video that he isn't really a fan of winter. Which kind of defeats living in Aspen.

tomato coupe
02-10-2020, 06:44 PM
I'm curious what $24K buys these days. Is that a lot for a painting? I honestly have no idea.

That was for a pretty large (6' x 7') oil painting by a fairly well-known artist.

Prices for paintings span a much bigger range than bikes (or even cars), so it's hard to compare them. I think the highest purchase price for a painting is $450M, so prices span about 6 orders of magnitude!

Ozz
02-10-2020, 06:46 PM

Maybe he wants to cash out his equity appreciation before the next downturn?

Who implied he was broke?

In the AD video he mentions how great Austin is....maybe he wants to spend more time there?

tomato coupe
02-10-2020, 06:51 PM
He mentioned in that video that he isn't really a fan of winter. Which kind of defeats living in Aspen.

Aspen is incredible in the summer. Great biking there ...

pdmtong
02-10-2020, 06:57 PM

That was for a pretty large (6' x 7') oil painting by a fairly well-known artist.

Prices for paintings span a much bigger range than bikes (or even cars), so it's hard to compare them. I think the highest purchase price for a painting is $450M, so prices span about 6 orders of magnitude!

One thing for sure about art..the price only matters ot the buyer and the buyer's budget. There have been a number of times in my life where if I had just a bit more spare cash I would have indulged myself. no one else I am sure would believe I paid that much for that thing.

two that i wish I had a do over...
1) a 2'x3' poster size marvel / fantastic four page from an early book inked and signed by jack kirby. that $25 when I was a kid might as well be $250,000 now. this was the board that the color would be added to then the book printed...

2) a tiny 2 x 2 drawing by Michelangelo selling at Harrod's for $500.

I don't know what $24k buys nowadays...but I'm sure that is a modest number in many galleries in Carmel, San Francisco, etc. it doesn't matter. if you look at that piece and are happy...

are you the beholder?

ERK55
02-10-2020, 06:58 PM
re art collecting
money can’t buy taste
some people have their taste in their rectum

cash05458
02-10-2020, 07:07 PM

seriously? do you pay attention at all to anything being discussed?

tomato coupe
02-10-2020, 07:10 PM
re art collecting
money can’t buy taste
some people have their taste in their rectum
Art is very subjective. The person whose taste you question may see things you don't see.

dsimon
02-10-2020, 07:13 PM
seriously? do you pay attention at all to anything being discussed?

nope maybe im having a senior moment school me

MattTuck
02-10-2020, 07:19 PM
Aspen is incredible in the summer. Great biking there ...

No doubt. But there are many places that a person who doesn't like the winter might prefer over Aspen.

On the art subject, that sounds like something you'd have to both know a lot about and find a piece you really liked. I paid just a little bit more than that for my last car!

The one piece of original art I considered buying was a pacific northwest native carved paddle. It was $1200 or so. I still think it is a unique and attractive medium. Similar to this.

https://www.alcheringa-gallery.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/d/h/dheron-918-1099_1.jpg

Usually, I buy a print and then curse the cost of a frame. If you're buying high end art, the cost of the frame is probably in the noise.

FlashUNC
02-10-2020, 07:22 PM
I'll be the first to bag on Lance for any number of things, but art is entirely subjective. Guy could have a house full of Thomas Kincades, but man as long as they speak to him, that's all that matters.

FlashUNC
02-10-2020, 07:27 PM
One thing for sure about art..the price only matters ot the buyer and the buyer's budget. There have been a number of times in my life where if I had just a bit more spare cash I would have indulged myself. no one else I am sure would believe I paid that much for that thing.

two that i wish I had a do over...
1) a 2'x3' poster size marvel / fantastic four page from an early book inked and signed by jack kirby. that $25 when I was a kid might as well be $250,000 now. this was the board that the color would be added to then the book printed...

2) a tiny 2 x 2 drawing by Michelangelo selling at Harrod's for $500.

I don't know what $24k buys nowadays...but I'm sure that is a modest number in many galleries in Carmel, San Francisco, etc. it doesnt matter. if you look at that piece and are happy...

Twice-up Kirby pencils and inks from early Fantastic Four are absurdly pricey these days. Most of the great stuff hasn't come out of collections for decades and theres stuff that's never been verified even exists. Marvel had a habit of destroying the inked pages cuz they were just part of the production process, not art.

Yeah...I'd kick myself over that one too. Even panel pages without any of the heroes are hard into 5 figures these days.

fiamme red
02-10-2020, 07:45 PM
At the risk of being branded a philistine, I don't get Banksy's "Paranoid Pictures" at all. (Yes, I know that it's a parody of the Paramount logo.) If it wasn't by Banksy, no one would want this silly thing.

https://media.2oceansvibe.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Lance-4.jpg

https://media.2oceansvibe.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/lance-2.jpg

pdmtong
02-10-2020, 07:55 PM
Twice-up Kirby pencils and inks from early Fantastic Four are absurdly pricey these days. Most of the great stuff hasn't come out of collections for decades and theres stuff that's never been verified even exists. Marvel had a habit of destroying the inked pages cuz they were just part of the production process, not art.

Yeah...I'd kick myself over that one too. Even panel pages without any of the heroes are hard into 5 figures these days.

It was at delauers on broadway in the back when I was a kid. It wasn’t particularly noteworthy in terms of the book but it was a jack Kirby. And the only thing equal for me would be a Barry Smith conan

I bought Spider-Man #42-142 from a friend for $20. Kids. I already had #38-41. I’d trade those for the Kirby in a heartbeat

rwsaunders
02-10-2020, 08:03 PM
Hallmark channel? Turn in your man card:hello:

I turned my card in after the first time that I watched Laurie in Northpole: Open for Christmas. She deserves her houses in Malibu and Aspen and her kids deserve those slots at USC...even if their rowing resumes and photos were fake and the plot from the flick was real.

A successful businesswoman, Mackenzie, inherits her beloved aunt's inn, and chooses to restore the hotel to its original grandeur only to sell it right before Christmas. Unbeknownst to Mackenzie, she receives some unexpected help from a team of elves headed by the cheerful Clementine, who helps Mackenzie rediscover the true meaning of Christmas.

johnniecakes
02-10-2020, 08:17 PM
I turned my card in after the first time that I watched Laurie in Northpole: Open for Christmas. She deserves her houses in Malibu and Aspen and her kids deserve those slots at USC...even if their rowing resumes and photos were fake and the plot from the flick was real.

A successful businesswoman, Mackenzie, inherits her beloved aunt's inn, and chooses to restore the hotel to its original grandeur only to sell it right before Christmas. Unbeknownst to Mackenzie, she receives some unexpected help from a team of elves headed by the cheerful Clementine, who helps Mackenzie rediscover the true meaning of Christmas.

I had mine taken away after I watched the first season of "When calls the heart" with my wife. Still haven't got it back.

rwsaunders
02-10-2020, 08:20 PM
I had mine taken away after I watched the first season of "When calls the heart" with my wife. Still haven't got it back. :banana:

tctyres
02-10-2020, 08:20 PM

I had to look that up. Ha! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v62tmZeYFkM

It must be good, if you saw it more than once. ;)

charliedid
02-10-2020, 08:27 PM
At the risk of being branded a philistine, I don't get Banksy's "Paranoid Pictures" at all. (Yes, I know that it's a parody of the Paramount logo.) If it wasn't by Banksy, no one would want this silly thing.

https://media.2oceansvibe.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Lance-4.jpg

Owning a Banksy print is so b-list anyway.

:)

Plum Hill
02-10-2020, 10:19 PM
I’m out of the loop.
I had to Google Squatty Potty.
Apparently LeMond’s house doesn’t have any.

doomridesout
02-10-2020, 11:17 PM
Lance acquired his taste in art after reading two issues of Juxtapoz in the airport.

fredd
02-11-2020, 10:54 AM
that video is golden :eek:

EricChanning
02-11-2020, 11:56 AM
Lance acquired his taste in art after reading two issues of Juxtapoz in the airport.

Can't argue with that. Seems the only thing missing was a commissioned portrait by Shepard Fairey.

sailorboy
02-14-2020, 05:00 AM
both he and his house, are not as interesting as he thinks they are.

Miller76
02-16-2020, 09:36 PM
“The fallen cycling hero is working with the Out There Adventures travel company, and is leading an upcoming cycling tour in September through the island of Mallorca, Spain, for 12 lucky guests willing to pay $30,000 for the weeklong experience”

And I thought Ingamba bike tours were expensive....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldpotatoe
02-17-2020, 06:43 AM

$24,000??? Do you live in Aspen too?

oldpotatoe
02-17-2020, 06:55 AM
I had mine taken away after I watched the first season of "When calls the heart" with my wife. Still haven't got it back.

Sam Kinnison video..'CAUTION', vert ribald..BUT

tomato coupe
02-17-2020, 12:45 PM
$24,000??? Do you live in Aspen too?

No, I live up the road from Winston the pig.

P.S. The painting got sent back to the gallery -- it was too big for the space it was intended for.

clyde the point
02-17-2020, 02:26 PM
both he and his house, are not as interesting as he thinks they are.

For sure. D bag of the century nominee hands down.

Billybob62
02-17-2020, 03:14 PM

I think he got his "taste" in art from the same guy he got a lot of things:
https://www.sfgate.com/art/article/Thomas-Weisel-high-finance-banker-high-quality-5450065.php