PDA

View Full Version : Silca Bartape

CDollarsign
02-09-2020, 10:51 AM
Anyone tried it? Thoughts?

BdaGhisallo
02-09-2020, 11:12 AM
Years ago I did. Nothing special. Probably comes out of the same Bikeribbon factory that a huge number of brands do.

MikeD
02-09-2020, 12:22 PM
Anyone try this woven bar tape? https://btpbartape.com/product-categories/brbn-arrow-candy/

joshatsilca
02-10-2020, 08:12 AM
Anyone tried it? Thoughts?

Did you mean the new SILCA tape? Or old school Silva tape?

Silva is made by Bikeribbon and is same as Cinelli cork and similar brands, solid product, been around for ever.

SILCA Nastro is made from a laminate of exotic running shoe foam and hydrophobic TPU.. it's my favorite, but then again, I designed it to be!!

mulp
02-10-2020, 09:54 AM
Did you mean the new SILCA tape? Or old school Silva tape?

Silva is made by Bikeribbon and is same as Cinelli cork and similar brands, solid product, been around for ever.

SILCA Nastro is made from a laminate of exotic running shoe foam and hydrophobic TPU.. it's my favorite, but then again, I designed it to be!!

nice little humble brag! :hello::hello:

CDollarsign
02-10-2020, 09:57 AM
Meant Silca, auto correct...

madsciencenow
02-10-2020, 10:03 AM
I have two rolls of the Nastro. Bought it on several positive reviews when it was on sale from BTD. Haven’t had an opportunity to install and ride it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clean39T
02-10-2020, 10:42 AM
I have two rolls of the Nastro. Bought it on several positive reviews when it was on sale from BTD. Haven’t had an opportunity to install and ride it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. Looking to wrap some on soon and will report back.

Also, BikeTiresDirect has the Fiore version on sale right now.

weiwentg
02-10-2020, 11:09 AM
I have Nastro Fiori (the 2.5mm tape) on my road bike. I like it so far, but I've only got a few hundred miles. It was pretty difficult to install as an amateur. It seems cushier than, say, Fizik's 2.5mm Endurance tape. I'd expect it to be pretty durable, but I haven't had enough miles on the tape to be sure.

joshatsilca
02-10-2020, 11:19 AM
nice little humble brag! :hello::hello:

Couldn't help myself! ;)

jpritchet74
02-10-2020, 11:49 AM
I have 2 sets on 2 different bikes. I absolutely LOVE the feel of the tape more than anything else I have ever used.

BUT, one of my sets is white and it gets dirty much easier than my Fizik tape used to. It cleans up pretty good with the Silca gear wipes, but after a few cleanings the top layer of the bar tape is coming off. Not thrilled.

Black though - absolutely the best choice available.

Dromen
02-10-2020, 12:58 PM
Same here. Looking to wrap some on soon and will report back.

Also, BikeTiresDirect has the Fiore version on sale right now.

Dont see it on sale @ BTD

mistermo
02-10-2020, 01:24 PM
I've no experience with Nastro, but know a guy locally (no affiliation with Silca) who loves it.

joshatsilca
02-10-2020, 04:09 PM
I have 2 sets on 2 different bikes. I absolutely LOVE the feel of the tape more than anything else I have ever used.

BUT, one of my sets is white and it gets dirty much easier than my Fizik tape used to. It cleans up pretty good with the Silca gear wipes, but after a few cleanings the top layer of the bar tape is coming off. Not thrilled.

Black though - absolutely the best choice available.

I'd love to see some pictures of how/where it is coming apart on you.. we've done wear testing and wash testing and the stuff is 4-20x more durable than anything else we've looked at, but of course lab testing isn't real world!! We've also seen that while the TPU top coat doesn't hold dirt because it is non-porous, the texture certainly can, so for white tape, it can be cleaned best with a soft brush and soapy water to get into the crevices.

We are not even making the super soft Cuscino tape in white at this time as it is so highly textured. Seriously, if you ride indoors, this stuff is a lifesaver and a gamechanger!

You can send photos to sales (at) silca (dot) cc
Thanks!
J

CDollarsign
02-10-2020, 04:18 PM
Josh, can you tell me if anyone stocks Silca tape in St. Louis? I would like to see it in person.

Clean39T
02-10-2020, 05:52 PM
Dont see it on sale @ BTDIt was - their sales can change frequently..

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

superbowlpats
02-10-2020, 06:11 PM
Just ordered the Cuscino in black/black for my CX bike and Fiore in white for my road bike. will report back as soon as i get it and install

ernestkus
02-10-2020, 11:57 PM
Anyone try this woven bar tape? https://btpbartape.com/product-categories/brbn-arrow-candy/

I did. Nothing really special. But it looks good!

joshatsilca
02-11-2020, 07:41 AM
Josh, can you tell me if anyone stocks Silca tape in St. Louis? I would like to see it in person.

CDollarsign, give Big Shark a call, they've bought some though I'm not sure of current stock situation.

Best, J

NateM
02-11-2020, 02:46 PM
Love this tape until I decided to change bars,the glue pulls the foam backing off when you try to get the tape off.Oh well you only live once...ordering some new red today and hopefully sticking with the new bars.Pun intended

CDollarsign
04-21-2020, 09:28 AM
I picked up the Nastro Cuscino tape and installed yesterday. I think next time I will go with the mid level thickness tape, as this is very thick. Hopefully it will be really comfy.

Installation wasn't terrible. You need to apply more tension than normal for it not to wrinkle. Sometimes applying more overlap helps wrinkles as well. I really like the butterfly piece that goes behind the shifters as well as the finishing tape - super high quality. Will report back on ride comfort.