PDA

View Full Version : Races in states other than CA

xtheendisnearx
02-04-2020, 01:06 AM
Recently, I was searching for races on usacycling and bikereg in other states that i was interested in moving to (Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Utah) just to see how the race season is. Honestly, I was kind of shocked with how little there are compared to California. I thought Colorado, especially the Boulder/Denver area, would have a lot more since their known to be very cycling friendly. In Northern CA it seems like there is a race every week since Feb and all the other states had maybe half the amount IF that. Maybe CA is just spoiled with the cycling season. How is your race scene where you live and where are you located? I'm curious to know how everyone else deals with races if they don't have a lot of them.

tomato coupe
02-04-2020, 03:10 AM
We have this thing happening in Colorado right now that you may be unfamiliar with ... winter. Sanctioned road races start in March.

prototoast
02-04-2020, 06:39 AM
In Oregon most races take place outside of USA Cycling. www.obra.org

jamesdak
02-04-2020, 07:21 AM
Nothing to see in Utah so please stay in CA. ;)

xtheendisnearx
02-04-2020, 11:48 AM
We have this thing happening in Colorado right now that you may be unfamiliar with ... winter. Sanctioned road races start in March.

Yes i am aware but thought there would be a finalized season race list. Like i said the amount of races I see available is maybe half that of California.

xtheendisnearx
02-04-2020, 11:48 AM
In Oregon most races take place outside of USA Cycling. www.obra.org

Thank you, this makes a lot more sense. I didnt know about obra.

tomato coupe
02-04-2020, 12:13 PM
... the amount of races I see available is maybe half that of California.

All the states you mentioned have populations that are a fraction of California. Why would you expect them to have as many bike races?

tomato coupe
02-04-2020, 12:15 PM
Nothing to see in Utah so please stay in CA. ;)

There's even less to see in Colorado -- pick Utah first.