PDA

View Full Version : So merckxy around here lately

Tickdoc
01-27-2020, 06:55 PM
I love it!

So much so that if just bit on the subscribe to 1yr of peloton and get this giant Merckx book for free! Offer they have going right now. I’m such a sucker.

I haven’t subscribed in a few years and this one looks fun to thumb through.

RobJ
01-27-2020, 07:00 PM
I love it!

So much so that if just bit on the subscribe to 1yr of peloton and get this giant Merckx book for free! Offer they have going right now. I’m such a sucker.

I haven’t subscribed in a few years and this one looks fun to thumb through.

I think most of the Merckx classifieds today and before are multi year old threads that are getting bumped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hindmost
01-27-2020, 07:12 PM
I think most of the Merckx classifieds today and before are multi year old threads that are getting bumped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A fellow is doing a generous task of adding a postscript to those threads to include info he has regarding Merckx origins. I am a fan.

RobJ
01-27-2020, 07:28 PM
A fellow is doing a generous task of adding a postscript to those threads to include info he has regarding Merckx origins. I am a fan.

Yes agree. Wasn’t complaining.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FlashUNC
01-27-2020, 11:47 PM
Doesn't even include discussion of the new Ag2R bikes. Don't even care some of them are rebadged Ridleys, those Merckxs are hawt.

jmoore
01-28-2020, 02:05 PM
We need a Merckx sub-forum!! :hello:

RonW87
01-28-2020, 03:26 PM
Doesn't even include discussion of the new Ag2R bikes. Don't even care some of them are rebadged Ridleys, those Merckxs are hawt.

I looked at the AG2R team website:

https://www.cyclisme.ag2rlamondiale.fr/en/nos-velos-2020/

The 525 Disc is butt-ugly.

The Stockeu69 Rim, on the other hand, I wouldn't mind that one in my garage (but not in those team colours).

FlashUNC
01-28-2020, 03:55 PM
They had the Corsa steel bike at Le Tour this year too:

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/product-news/oliver-naesen-rode-steel-framed-eddy-merckx-bike-stage-21-tour-de-france-433123

KJMUNC
01-28-2020, 04:03 PM
I looked at the AG2R team website:

https://www.cyclisme.ag2rlamondiale.fr/en/nos-velos-2020/

The 525 Disc is butt-ugly.

The Stockeu69 Rim, on the other hand, I wouldn't mind that one in my garage (but not in those team colours).

Oh man, really? I'm on the opposite side for the 525....I'm not a disc-guy nor a swoopy top tube guy but I like that one. I'd slam that stem a bit more and ditch that gold chain. Love the brown/blue/white color scheme too.

ultraman6970
01-28-2020, 06:25 PM
Wonder how many forumites have an EM bike.

We need to do stats about it, and that could explain too why we see so many EM in the clasified and why some stuff is seat there for a long time aswell.

jtbadge
01-28-2020, 06:26 PM

We need to do stats about it, and that could explain too why we see so many EM in the clasified and why some stuff is seat there for a long time aswell.

There aren't that many actually available in the classifieds, someone is just bumping up listings from years ago and pushing down stuff that is actually still for sale.

jmoore
01-28-2020, 07:24 PM

We need to do stats about it, and that could explain too why we see so many EM in the clasified and why some stuff is seat there for a long time aswell.I still have a Strada OS. It's awesome but about 3cm too small. So I'm saving it for my son.

I sold the MXLeader to someone here. It took forever and a big price break to move it. At least a forumite got it and is putting it to good use. I don't think I've seen it built up though.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

ultraman6970
01-29-2020, 09:04 AM
Is not EM season... suddenly we will start seeing a bunch of them for sale or trade. Every year is the same :D Some guys back up, some other stay there listed and for really good numbers and that always made me wonder how many forumites have EM bikes or frames moving around.

For example I had 2... sold the AL one and have a corsa. Looks like the MXL is not like the right fit for me because all ive seen is like 5mm to 1 cm too long front tube of way too small frames, never the right one.

There aren't that many actually available in the classifieds, someone is just bumping up listings from years ago and pushing down stuff that is actually still for sale.