PDA

View Full Version : OT: Infrared Saunas--any forumites have experience

Tommasini53
01-10-2020, 08:37 PM
Curious if any Forumites have an infrared sauna and what you think of them. Worth it? I"m shopping and some of the advertising seemed, well ah, almost too good to be true.

wallymann
01-10-2020, 08:59 PM
we have one -- wifey loves it, in particular to de-stress and break a winter chill.

my only advice is to get one bigger than you need. we have a "2 person" unit and its pretty cozy for 1 grown man..IMO a 3--person deal is the minimum of you want to have some comfort.

personally I don't get saunas...why sit passively in a pool of your own sweat when u can get the same while also exercising?!?!

here's ours:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81fr5e9Ah0L._SX679_.jpg

Ken Robb
01-10-2020, 10:53 PM
Well, when I was 16 my summer job was in an industrial laundry in Chicago where daytime temps were often mid 90sF and I was on the floor above the huge washing machines and next to the room-size dryer. That's as close to this kind of sauna as I can imagine. :-)

Steve in SLO
01-10-2020, 11:42 PM
Nothing better after a good winter ride, IMHO. No personal experience with ultrasound variety, but I am also interested in a dry sauna so will be monitoring this thread.

ORMojo
01-10-2020, 11:50 PM
We have had our 3-person infrared sauna (Costco) for ~9 years now. We use it multiple times per week to this day. So I would say that is "worth it."

skiezo
01-11-2020, 09:41 AM
I have a steam sauna that I use at least once a week. Had it for about 5 years now and love it. I like the moist heat over dry heat, seems to clear my pores better and I like the steam helps me clear my airways better.

VC Slim
01-12-2020, 08:21 AM
I'm midway thru the 2nd year of enjoying the benefits of a Sunlightener infrared sauna. Feel that it has been well worth the investment.