PDA

View Full Version : Why I love the Paceline

duff_duffy
01-10-2020, 05:24 PM
This is what you get when you ask a fellow Paceliner to pack that special purchase! That’s secure:). Can anyone guess the frame? Parts from 4 different Paceliners will soon be attached. Can’t wait....More details to come...

gbcoupe
01-10-2020, 05:53 PM
This is what you get when you ask a fellow Paceliner to pack that special purchase! That’s secure:). Can anyone guess the frame? Parts from 4 different Paceliners will soon be attached. Can’t wait....More details to come...

I'm sure it's fine, but I would have put it in a box. ;)

Chris
01-10-2020, 06:00 PM
Softride TT?

slambers3
01-10-2020, 06:13 PM
Cyrene?

2LeftCleats
01-10-2020, 06:20 PM
It’s blue. Is it one of those weird gender reveals?

glepore
01-10-2020, 06:28 PM
Now that you have a Cyrene that fits, can I buy yours that fits me?

donevwil
01-10-2020, 06:39 PM
The good Paceliners certainly outweigh the bad when it comes to this kind of thing.

I just bought a virtually new crankset & BB here and both axle and BB were covered in grease, wasn't even put in a bag. Granted it was "clean" grease, but it was real fun opening the package in my office to check the contents. Doesn't everyone at least wipe an item down before they ship it?

Note to self, in the future open packages only in my shop.

Clean39T
01-10-2020, 07:21 PM
The good Paceliners certainly outweigh the bad when it comes to this kind of thing.

I just bought a virtually new crankset & BB here and both axle and BB were covered in grease, wasn't even put in a bag. Granted it was "clean" grease, but it was real fun opening the package in my office to check the contents. Doesn't everyone at least wipe an item down before they ship it?

Note to self, in the future open packages only in my shop.Crap, was that me? I thought I wrapped everything up nicely. My brain has been failing me a few times lately though and I apologise if I neglected to wipe it down.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

donevwil
01-10-2020, 07:36 PM
Crap, was that me? I thought I wrapped everything up nicely. My brain has been failing me a few times lately though and I apologise if I neglected to wipe it down.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Wasn't going to out you friend. It was packed well, just greasy. I'll live.:beer:

We all know where you head is right now.

Blue Jays
01-10-2020, 07:47 PM
Leave bubblewrap attached and simply install the components.
That way it will be protected from scratches at the coffee stop!

:banana:

duff_duffy
01-10-2020, 07:48 PM
You got it!

Cyrene?

duff_duffy
01-10-2020, 07:51 PM
Absolutely! The 58’s both sold...the 51ish is up for sale! Yes, this is my 4th Cyrene but the only one that is my size in my defense. Had to buy from other side of the world but worth it.

Now that you have a Cyrene that fits, can I buy yours that fits me?

Mikej
01-10-2020, 07:55 PM
Hope it works out!!

glepore
01-10-2020, 07:55 PM
Absolutely! The 58’s both sold...the 51ish is up for sale! Yes, this is my 4th Cyrene but the only one that is my size in my defense. Had to buy from other side of the world but worth it.

pm me

kppolich
01-10-2020, 08:12 PM
That didn't come in a box!?

duff_duffy
01-10-2020, 09:04 PM
There was a box around it, with more cardboard around that and then what you see in photo...it was awesome! I have had a bike destroyed in transit before and appreciate a well packed bike.

oldpotatoe
01-11-2020, 06:47 AM

I got a rim once 'wrapped' in a black plastic bag..no padding, no bubblewrap, no box..from Europe..amazingly it came thru OK..
I think the OP is saying how well the frame was wrapped..and in a 'box'..
There was a box around it, with more cardboard around that and then what you see in photo...it was awesome! I have had a bike destroyed in transit before and appreciate a well packed bike.

gbcoupe
01-11-2020, 08:40 AM
My wink was to imply that I was joking. I assumed a box was used.
Impressive packing job. For sure not everyone does this. Kudos to your seller.

I've received 2 frames that were just placed in a box with no other support/protection. 1 even had the fork removed and banging about.

Pack it like you'd want to receive it.

avalonracing
01-11-2020, 09:19 AM
That's pretty much the way I pack my bike every time I fly with it in a soft case.