PDA

View Full Version : Campagnolo/Shimano disc wheel compatability

fignon's barber
01-07-2020, 06:59 AM
Are there any issues with using a Campagnolo disc wheel with Campagnolo rotors with Shimano Ultegra disc drivetrain. I'm assuming not many have tried it, but is there any issues with spacing,etc.?

oldpotatoe
01-08-2020, 06:58 AM
Are there any issues with using a Campagnolo disc wheel with Campagnolo rotors with Shimano Ultegra disc drivetrain. I'm assuming not many have tried it, but is there any issues with spacing,etc.?

Nobody knows, I guess.
I'll give jerry a shout at Campag, NA.

Wow, that was quick..from Campagnolo NA
Best to use the correct rotor with caliper. As size spacing is different. Also our rotors, the spider is semi-float, so there is an illusion of a loose headset.

But I'd try it..and see..if no soap, get a shimano rotor. Wheel/hub doesn't care.

fignon's barber
01-08-2020, 04:38 PM
Nobody knows, I guess.
I'll give jerry a shout at Campag, NA.

Wow, that was quick..from Campagnolo NA

But I'd try it..and see..if no soap, get a shimano rotor. Wheel/hub doesn't care.

Thanks for looking into that, Peter. I see Campy has "6 bolt" and "AFS". I assume AFS has to be their equivalent to Shimano's CLD (center locking), but I wonder if they are identical and interchangeable.

12snap
01-08-2020, 07:29 PM
Typically, when a manufacturer says that rotor size spacing is different it means that the rotor have different thicknesses. A thicker rotor may not fit as well or may rub the pads in other calipers. I have no experience with Campy rotors but I've interchanged Shimano and Sram rotors with no issues. It might be a good idea to see if you can find the specs for rotor thickness to determine how well they would work.

mcc21
01-09-2020, 12:20 AM
no issues
i use campy wheels/rotors with ultegra calipers. a rotor is a rotor

oldpotatoe
01-09-2020, 06:00 AM
Thanks for looking into that, Peter. I see Campy has "6 bolt" and "AFS". I assume AFS has to be their equivalent to Shimano's CLD (center locking), but I wonder if they are identical and interchangeable.

Yes, what 12snap said..same hub connection(6 bolt, CL) but the rotor thickness 'may' be different enough to not make them compatible. But right above says no problem..I read they ARE different thicknesses..shimano-1.65mm, Avid 2mm, Campagnolo, I see, are 1.85mm....but they may still work.