PDA

View Full Version : Having Sachs in the morning

dnovo
05-12-2004, 06:32 AM
Woke up early, feeling 'frisky' after looking at my sleeping wife, so I decided that even at my advanced age, I could have a bit of Sachs in the morning.

So I took my one and only (until he stops watching Queer Eye and builds me a new frame) Sachs out this morning for a ride. One of the last of the 'old style' with smaller diam tubing, etc. (at least as far as I was told by the prior owner.) It's ride was remarkably "modern" and both fast and comfortable. At the risk of incurring the wrath of Evil Builder (who has never completely recovered from backing the wrong candidate on THE APPRENTICE) by saying something nice about him, he doesn't build a bad frameset. It also reminds me that, and yes I agree with Ben that using the 'right' tubeset is important, the skill of the builder is still the critical issue. Fortunately, Evil Builder seems to have a smattering of that, and neither age nor custom has withered the charm of having Sachs in the morning. I guess I will keep the old gaspipe after all. (Of course, the real issue is whether my still lovely wife will keep this Old Gas Bag, or toss me for a newer issue.)

So thanks, Evil Builder, it is fun having Sachs. Now if we could only improve your taste in television . . . Dave N.

dave thompson
05-12-2004, 06:35 AM
Ooohhh David, twist that knife!

dnovo
05-12-2004, 06:39 AM
Damn, Dave, don't you ever sleep? It's still dark out on the Western edge, no? Dave N. (hey, the new paint and stays on the Kirk are way cool.)

dnovo
05-12-2004, 06:41 AM
Your lob, Evil Builder. Dave N.

Smiley
05-12-2004, 06:44 AM
He just sold your production slot , the price was a bunch of strawberry twizlers and to the Jerk of all people. Revenge .

dnovo
05-12-2004, 06:51 AM
Yeah, I guess Richie can't stand praise coming from me, the Source of All Evil. God knows the Jerk won't praise anyone, except of course Mrs. Jerk, who would rip off his head and defecate down his neck if he lips off to her. (Or worse, she'd tell him the new Sachs looks like a bug, and he'd sell it to Climb.) Dave N.

dnovo
05-12-2004, 06:53 AM
Hey Captain, 1 to 2s out on the Big Lake this morning. Splash at 10. Storms and 3 to 5s for the afternoon. Wish me luck sneaking it in before the feces hits the rotating air circulation device. Dave N.

Smiley
05-12-2004, 06:59 AM
Go out and fire up them Merc's and clean out them carb's. My little Tohatsu came back from its spring tune up and seems to run the best I have seen of her so far. Ofcourse my first outing was from the crane put in to my slip as it was over 90 degree's out and dead calm. Your kind of power boat conditions. Best of luck today Captain Novo.

dnovo
05-12-2004, 07:10 AM
The three of these little muthas (225 Optimax) are injected, but I plan on doing an 'Italian tuneup' nonetheless. Thanks. Let ya know how it goes. Dave N. (BTW, 'back in the day' when I was pouring money down a sewer and racing my 41 Sabre with the triple 750 big blocks, my ideal 'conditions' were 6 to 8s and 25 feet of air under the drives as you came out of the water at 80+. The race hull is long gone, and my eldery knees prefer my new ideal conditions, not a ripple on the water. This new one has a real head, a fridge and comfy seats. I may be old, but I'm not stupid.)

Kevan
05-12-2004, 07:10 AM
Great morning commute. No extra clothing, just the jersey n shorts. Starting to shave time off my morning commutes.

Heck, by the end of summer it might be faster for me to ride my bike to work than hop into the car.

Long Island Sound, just down the block from where I work offers some of the best damn sailing on the eastern coast.