PDA

View Full Version : Today's birthdays

Matthew
01-01-2020, 09:06 AM
Were most Paceliners born today? !! Did you notice the list is crazy huge on the homepage? Has to be some sort of forum world record! !!

oldfatslow
01-01-2020, 09:28 AM
I think a lot of people use January 1 and a year approximating their birth on sites which require it to register but for which shouldn't really require it.

A small tactic in the fight against ID theft but unfortunately one worth taking.

Matthew
01-01-2020, 09:39 AM
Gotcha. Figured there was another reason behind it since there were so many. Must have never noticed all the years I've been on here.

XXtwindad
01-01-2020, 10:13 AM
In a related development, scientists are flocking to a site called the "Paceline Forum" where there are at least 25 people - and perhaps more - who are over 110 years old. The phenomena has some of the brightest minds in the country baffled.

Scientists were able to glean a little information from one of their ilk who chose only to identify himself as "Angry."

"There is something cathartic and ultimately life-affirming about arguing ad nauseam about Campy vs Shimano vs SRAM," he said.

"The antioxidant powers of broccoli have been extolled for years," Angry continued. "The discussions on group sets allows to Paceline members to vent and release dangerous free floating radicals and toxins that otherwise would've accumulated in digestive tracts."

One 111 year-old Paceline member who declined further interviews, identified only as Jan Heine, attributed his longevity solely to "supple tires."

Scientists are still perplexed. Stay tuned...

SpaceOdyssey
01-01-2020, 10:20 AM
Racehorses....

Louis
01-01-2020, 10:25 AM
Stay tuned...

That was quite amusing - thanks. :)

fiamme red
01-01-2020, 10:37 AM
We also have a Paceliner who is 10 years old today, and yet he joined the forum in 2006. :p

Louis
01-01-2020, 10:43 AM
We also have a Paceliner who is 10 years old today

I can believe this... ;)