PDA

View Full Version : Jersey City

R3awak3n
12-23-2019, 01:57 PM
Usually I come down for work in NYC and stay in Brooklyn but I am switching things up and going to try Jersey City / Hoboken. Where is the Prospect/Central park of Jersey City/Hoboken? Where do people get their training miles?

e-RICHIE
12-23-2019, 02:25 PM
Go to Lincoln Park.

e-RICHIE
12-23-2019, 02:28 PM
Or Braddock Park in West New York/Union City.

AngryScientist
12-23-2019, 02:29 PM
take the path another couple stops and come ride with me :)

nooneline
12-23-2019, 02:48 PM
Ride a few miles north to the GWB, and then do Henry Hudson Drive.

R3awak3n
12-23-2019, 03:22 PM
Go to Lincoln Park.

I am right by here. Will look into it. Thank you!

take the path another couple stops and come ride with me :)

I will have my car so we could do it once in a while. Be an early one though :)

Ride a few miles north to the GWB, and then do Henry Hudson Drive.

Too far, that would be an hour on the bike I think. Trust me I thought about just being by the GWB but its winter so I am not sure how many times I would get out to the palisades anyways.

fiamme red
12-23-2019, 05:12 PM
Good suggestions from e-Richie. Braddock Park has a little more elevation gain than Lincoln Park. I used to do laps in Lincoln Park when I worked in Jersey City, but I'd much rather ride in Prospect Park.

You can also ride in Liberty State Park. Ride south, turn around and ride north, repeat until you're too bored to continue. Completely flat.

R3awak3n
12-23-2019, 05:43 PM
Good suggestions from e-Richie. Braddock Park has a little more elevation gain than Lincoln Park. I used to do laps in Lincoln Park when I worked in Jersey City, but I'd much rather ride in Prospect Park.

You can also ride in Liberty State Park. Ride south, turn around and ride north, repeat until you're too bored to continue. Completely flat.

well from what I see, Lincoln is like a mile and a half. Prospect is at least 3.3 so less laps. That said, and I do love Prospect and that its there but I do not really enjoy laps around it after doing it like 50 times so I am fine with boring laps, just need somewhere with little cars that I can get some exercise and keep the little fitness that I have before work.

fiamme red
12-24-2019, 09:26 AM
It's been a long time since I last rode in Lincoln Park. I see from Google Street View that there's now a bi-directional bike lane in the park. That would effectively make riding fast laps for training impossible.

R3awak3n
12-24-2019, 11:12 AM
It's been a long time since I last rode in Lincoln Park. I see from Google Street View that there's now a bi-directional bike lane in the park. That would effectively make riding fast laps for training impossible.

hmmm yeah that indeed makes it a bit hard. I would be out there super early though, and its winter, maybe not a lot of traffic.