PDA

View Full Version : Neutron Tubulars

CPP
01-02-2007, 02:24 AM
Anybody know where I can get a pair of Neutron tubulars? Ebay isn't really an option.
Thanks
CPP

Serpico
01-02-2007, 03:02 AM
competitivecyclist has them for $899

they're labelled 2007, but I thought the 2007 version didn't come in tubular, came with carbone hubs and I thought the 2007 were around $1,200 new

they show up on eBay regularly, 'used' seem to go around $400-$500

good luck :)

sbornia
01-02-2007, 03:12 AM
competitivecyclist has them for $899

I noticed that last week, but was skeptical since I heard they weren't really available. So I tried to "buy" a pair, and the online ordering process indicated that they have an inventory of "0"...

saab2000
01-02-2007, 05:42 AM
Why is Ebay not an option? I have had good luck there. Nucleons are also a good option, functionally identical to Neutrons.

Otherwise keep advertising here or try www.roadbikereviews.com and their classifieds.

If you go new you will pay too much.

CPP
01-02-2007, 06:10 AM
Here in Switz, I only get ebay in German and I have no idea how it functions. Aslo, I get pissed that ebay swiss can't get something organized in French. It's so typical of this country.
CPP

saab2000
01-02-2007, 06:15 AM
Here in Switz, I only get ebay in German and I have no idea how it functions. Aslo, I get pissed that ebay swiss can't get something organized in French. It's so typical of this country.
CPP

Ain't that the truth. I know it is frustrating for French and Italian speakers in Switzerland. I am a German speaker and lived just east of Zurich, but also lived in Lugano for two years.

Can't say much except 'sorry'..... :o

Maybe you can Ebay them in the US if you ever get there and then just bring them back to Switzerland when you are on a trip??

CPP
01-02-2007, 06:29 AM
It's not your fault Saab, but it is a pain. I'm actually American and can speak German fairly well. But, to read is another story. I work for the Swiss Ski Federation and it's the same dance. For meetings, they have two beamers. One in German and one in French. The problem is that the french screen stays on "Bienvenue".
CPP

terrytnt
01-02-2007, 09:21 AM
My understanding is that Campy discontinued the Neutron tubular wheels in 2005. I know this because I was able to purchase (through a connection) one of the last 'new' Neutron wheel sets from Campy's inventory.

Currently I'm trying to acquire a back-up set of tubulars wheels, but think my only option is to hand build a set. Thinking of:

- Mavic Reflex 32 hole
- '06 Record Hubs
- Sapim CX Ray

you may want to check in with Ergott who builds tubulars all the time...

ajhoop
01-02-2007, 09:34 AM
I recently won a set of tubular Neutrons for Shimano on ebay. I paid $450 for them (without skewers) and I was the only bidder. I've been very happy with them.

Sorry to hear about the ebay language barrier...

djg
01-02-2007, 01:02 PM
I picked up a second set of nucleon tubular wheels on e-bay not too long ago for 285 bucks (US). However, if e-bay really isn't an option, and the local shops cannot help, I'd try picking up the phone to call a couple of the British shops that do a lot of mail order. Just because something is not posted on the web site doesn't mean that they don't have a set in the back (or a line on a set if they pick up the phone themselves). US bike shops that sell Colnago might be resentful of Mike Perry (maestro-uk) and Totalcycling, but I've dealt with both and have found them to be reliable and easy to deal with. It really may be worth a phone call.

ejh
01-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Hello Chris, Down hill or cross country? Eric

CPP
01-02-2007, 01:29 PM
Thanks DJG, I 've found a slightly used pair from a guy in Belgium.

EJH, Downhill. I'm Head alpine coach of Switzerland's western region
CPP

OldDog
01-02-2007, 01:39 PM
I picked up a second set of nucleon tubular wheels on e-bay not too long ago for 285 bucks (US). However, if e-bay really isn't an option, and the local shops cannot help, I'd try picking up the phone to call a couple of the British shops that do a lot of mail order. Just because something is not posted on the web site doesn't mean that they don't have a set in the back (or a line on a set if they pick up the phone themselves). US bike shops that sell Colnago might be resentful of Mike Perry (maestro-uk) and Totalcycling, but I've dealt with both and have found them to be reliable and easy to deal with. It really may be worth a phone call.

Total Cycling has these for $584. Must US duty be paid on top of that or are these duty free?

ejh
01-02-2007, 09:27 PM
hello Chris, sounds like tooooo much fun. But even living in colorado I only cross country ski. going on thursday. eric