PDA

View Full Version : Anyone live in Little Rock ?

bicycletricycle
12-14-2019, 11:26 AM
Considering a move to Little Rock Arkansas. Anyone here live there? Good cycling?

Mikej
12-14-2019, 12:20 PM
I heard the MTB scene is awesome-

bikinchris
12-14-2019, 07:26 PM
I live there. Decent road riding. Decent gravel routes. Good path riding. Very good MTB trails. Good access to Northwest Arkansas with even better MTB riding,

charliedid
12-14-2019, 08:07 PM
Considering a move to Little Rock Arkansas. Anyone here live there? Good cycling?

You have a job offer or just considering? I have a couple distant family members and have thought about chucking the city and heading down. Plenty of places to explore and some of the densest forests in the Ozarks.

The entire region is pretty amazing really. Been enamored since I was a kid but have not spent much time as I'd like.

Culturally it would be a big shift from Chicago but I can deal with most things.

zmudshark
12-14-2019, 08:17 PM
You have a job offer or just considering? I have a couple distant family members and have thought about chucking the city and heading down. Plenty of places to explore and some of the densest forests in the Ozarks.

The entire region is pretty amazing really. Been enamored since I was a kid but have not spent much time as I'd like.

Culturally it would be a big shift from Chicago but I can deal with most things.
Coming from Chicago?

Have you seen the TV series? :help:

charliedid
12-14-2019, 08:25 PM
Coming from Chicago?

Have you seen the TV series? :help:

Haha yes I have ;-)

Just happens that I am coming into some extra cash real soon!

pgrizzwald
12-14-2019, 09:32 PM
I live in Little Rock. The bike scene is pretty great here. Not exploding at the same rate as Northwest Arkansas, but we have a great road trail system here as well. Super convenient. Not great for commuting by bike but not terrible either. We’re smack dab in the middle of the state and world class mtb is only a short drive away, with plenty of excellent stuff locally as well. Arkansas is/isn’t a well kept secret. Feels like folks are finally discovering the good things we have going on here. Hunting, fishing, hiking, etc, Arkansas is tough to beat. Our cycling scene isn’t far behind. We’ve also got just enough big city vibes coupled with a small town community feel. Best of both worlds in my opinion.

bicycletricycle
12-15-2019, 12:22 PM
My partner has a good offer. Not much work for me around these parts.

Spaghetti Legs
12-15-2019, 02:57 PM
I will just add that North Little Rock has (had?) the most kick ass water park I’ve ever been to. Some of the slides I really thought I might get seriously injured.

zmudshark
12-15-2019, 03:01 PM
Haha yes I have ;-)

Just happens that I am coming into some extra cash real soon!

Great investment opportunities down there.