PDA

View Full Version : New Mini-Project: SnapMyBike.com

RichTheRoadie
12-11-2019, 10:35 PM
I had an idea for a location-based register of the places I have been to and/or like to use to take pictures of my bike as a resource to help others find good locations. A buddy wanted to see if he could work out how to make it work - with the help of a few plugins and fiddling with some knobs and buttons, SnapMyBike.com was born.

Take a look! (https://www.snapmybike.com)

Zoom out to a global view and you'll see a focus of my 'pins' around Sydney, plus a couple in Europe. Each 'pin' has a title, an address or GPS co-ordinates, a description and a sample pic.

There are also a couple of café and shop pins - any other café & shops added to the site will become subscription-based for a small annual fee.

As the strapline: "Find, mark, remember" indicates, this was as much about finding new locations that I was unaware of locally and when I am travelling with my bike in new places; but also for remembering and sharing where I tend to take pics of my bike locally. I think it works quite well in that regard; and I'm excited to see what crops up.

Feel free to give it a try by clicking on the 'Submit a Snap' button - but please remember, no pins will be approved (I moderate all submissions) without a pic of the location to go with it!

avalonracing
12-11-2019, 10:39 PM
Cool. I dig it.

weisan
12-12-2019, 09:34 AM
I posted several (Melbourne, St Louis, Singapore, Austin) in support of what you are doing, hope that helps.

Veloo
12-12-2019, 10:33 AM
Very cool!

RichTheRoadie
12-12-2019, 02:15 PM
I posted several (Melbourne, St Louis, Singapore, Austin) in support of what you are doing, hope that helps.
Thanks!

mulp
12-12-2019, 02:17 PM
Sounds pretty cool, thanks for sharing!

Robot870
12-12-2019, 02:23 PM
Great idea!!

RichTheRoadie
01-05-2020, 07:23 PM
I think I've used some of your pics for the Insta page (https://instagram.com/snapmybike)? Appreciate the support once again - although the Singapore pic hasn't come through; and I'd love to get that one live!

Some folk have asked how to post a pic 'in the moment' from a phone - if you choose the 'upload' button your phone will give you the option of using a pic from your library or taking a photo there and then.

Let me know if there's any more feedback :cool:

RichTheRoadie
01-07-2020, 05:54 AM
Another couple of pins approved today - I’m guessing they were from folk on here so thank you!

The Anchor Point one also got used for today’s Insta post; and I learnt something from it which is even better! :banana: